SEDAR is the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval, the electronic filing system for the disclosure documents of public companies and investment funds across Canada.
All Canadian public companies and investment funds are generally required to file their documents in the SEDAR system. In addition, some third parties who are involved in public company transactions such as take-over bids or proxy contests may be required to file. CDS INC., a subsidiary of the Canadian Depository for Securities Limited, manages the SEDAR system on behalf of the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA).
Marketwire, an authorized SEDAR filing agent, will handle all details of your SEDAR filing:
- Convert your documents into required SEDAR formats
- Send you a proof of the filing for your approval
- Make any required changes and file your document with SEDAR
- Provide confirmation that your document was accepted
- Provide you with information on filing fees, deadlines, document formatting, etc. as requested
SEDAR's hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 7am to 11pm ET; it is closed on all Canadian statutory holidays. Users of the SEDAR system can only perform such tasks such as submitting filings or downloading profiles during these hours.
Ready to file?
Sign up for a free Marketwire account, call us at 1-888-299-0338 or send us an email.
Request more information from Marketwire.