CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 14, 2012) - Zedi Inc. (the "Company" or "Zedi") (TSX VENTURE:ZED) "Business fundamentals remained strong in Q3 2012 despite lower than anticipated revenues. We continue to experience growth in several of our key areas, especially in the US market and with credible reports saying that the US is experiencing extraordinary growth in the production of oil and gas, we are well positioned for continued penetration of that market. Coupled with the growing contribution to our revenue by oil related products and services and the year over year growth in our recurring revenue base, we are in a strong position to weather fluctuations that will happen in an industry that is cyclical. Our results for the quarter were primarily impacted by:1) a wetter than usual summer in our Canadian operations that limiting drilling and field activity and which was topped off by reduced capital spending on natural gas related projects by producers; 2) Hurricane Isaac causing disruption in our Southern US operations; and 3) a slower than anticipated take up rate on our SilverJack product in the US which we view as a timing issue only and we remain confident that SilverJack will do well in that market. With the unchanged natural gas price outlook, we continue to take steps to mitigate the industry-wide shifts that are happening, such as the number of gas wells being shut in, and are maintaining efforts on our acquisition activities, said Matthew Heffernan, Zedi President & CEO. "Subsequent to Q3, we have also announced the signing of PetroTiger as our first strategic partner and reseller in South America and I am pleased to announce that we have shipped our first products under that agreement. Additionally, in Q4 we launched Zedi Control Centre, a 7X24 fully manned service that is now available to both existing and new customers. This service was launched commercially after achieving excellent results on a number of customer pilots over the past 6 months which have resulted in all pilot customers subscribing to the service on a paid basis. So with these initiatives, and my comments earlier, I believe Zedi is in a good position for continued growth". The Q3 2012 financial statements and MD & A are filed on SEDAR and can be accessed at www.sedar.com or on the Company's website at www.zedi.ca.
Based on the factors described above:
- Revenues for Q3 2012 were $22,849,000, a 3% drop over $23,563,000 in Q3 2011
- EBITDA(1) results were $2,027,000 in Q3 2012, a 48% decrease from $3,893,000 reported in Q3 2011
- Q3 2012 saw a small loss before taxation for of $173,000, compared to a profit before taxation of $2,144,000 in Q3 2011
- Recurring revenue(1) covered 208% of operations expenses and 184% of total cash expenditures - continuing the upward trends established over the past three years on these metrics.
- Zedi generated positive cash flow from operations of $1,253,000, up $1,741,000 from the $488,000 of cash used in operations in Q3 2011, with sustained strong working capital of $12,045,000
Zedi Inc. (TSX VENTURE:ZED) provides integrated services, applications, and technology to oil and gas producers to help efficiently manage their production operations. Having established a leadership position in our base market, we continue to grow globally by operating in 25 countries around the world. Our expertise helps producers increase revenue while reducing operating costs and ensuring regulatory compliance.
(1) EBITDA and recurring revenue are non-IFRS measures. EBITDA is earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization and is commonly used by industry to normalize non-operating factors that are included in net income and as a proxy for the cash generating potential of a business. Recurring revenue is determined by the company and compared to both operations and total cash expenditures as significant indicators of performance and sustainability. See section 9 of the Management Discussion and Analysis for further detail on both of these metrics.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain statements and information contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Specifically, this press release contains statements regarding Zedi's growth expectations, diversification and acquisition activity, strategies, recurring revenue metrics and related expectations of sustainability. These statements are based on certain assumptions and analysis made by Zedi in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current market conditions and expected future market developments, as well as other factors it believes are appropriate in the circumstances. However, whether actual results, performance or achievements will conform to Zedi's expectations and predictions is subject to a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from Zedi's expectations. Consequently, all of the forward-looking information and statements made in this press release are qualified by this cautionary statement and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by Zedi will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to or effects on Zedi or its business or operations. Except as may be required by law, Zedi assumes no obligation to publicly update any such forward-looking information and statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.