SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 12, 2012) - Zaarly -- the leading mobile marketplace -- announced the availability of Zaarly 2.0 in the iTunes App Store, Android Marketplace and on the web. The new Zaarly experience connects people via profiles, reviews, ratings, customized local recommendations, and enhanced communication tools.
"When Zaarly launched at the end of May 2011, we were frequently described as an alternative to Craigslist. Since then, nearly $25 million in requests have been posted on Zaarly. Clearly, people want a mobile marketplace that lets them do business with their neighbors," explained Bo Fishback, Zaarly founder and CEO. "But people also want to attach a name, a picture and a story to those interactions. So we've been very intentional in this new release to give users a 'face' to do business with -- creating an open, transparent marketplace that truly differentiates Zaarly from the other platforms out there."
What's New in Zaarly 2.0?
The new, enhanced Zaarly experience maintains the open, "ask for anything" marketplace that users love, while integrating and expanding features that provide greater insight into the individuals and businesses using the platform. Key features include:
- Profiles: Zaarly users can create a profile from scratch or by pulling information from their social networks. User profiles will display photos, basic information, verifications, and "social proof," (i.e., number of connections on popular social networks). Users control whether they want to share their photo, town, employer or where they studied. They also decide when to expose their profile -- either when they post a request or once the transaction is ready to happen.
- Reputation: Zaarly now features recommendation stamps on every profile. Think of it as the Zaarly community's seal of approval. In addition to a recommendation stamp, people can write reviews about their interactions with a certain buyer or seller. As the only mobile marketplace with a reputation score for buyers and sellers, Zaarly 2.0 introduces a quality standard that sets the stage for a safe, trustworthy experience.
- Recommendation Engine: Not sure what to request or ask for on Zaarly? The new recommendation engine offers suggestions based on an individual's specific location. The engine allows Zaarly to feature sellers with timely offers based on local deals, events, weather, etc. Relevant, local recommendations will help users take advantage of the real-time marketplace. For example, when users are at events, such as South by Southwest (SXSW) or a football game, or near certain businesses, Zaarly can highlight relevant, nearby Zaarly experiences.
- Enhanced Communication Tools: While Zaarly users have always been able to anonymously exchange messages, stronger communication leads to a better marketplace experience. With that in mind, Zaarly added photo-sharing through the messaging platform, mobile push reminders, and a new response frequency algorithm. Displayed on a user's profile, the Zaarly Response Score indicates if a seller responds frequently, sometimes or rarely. When a buyer receives multiple offers to fulfill a request or a seller is deciding whether to respond to a buyer's request, users know who are the most responsive users; therefore, it's in everyone's best interest to be responsive and improve their response score.
- Additional Seller Tools: Zaarly listened to people requesting a clearer path to selling. Zaarly 2.0 lets sellers sign up to receive real-time seller alerts via text, push notifications or emails. Users can choose to receive notifications in a range of Zaarly's most popular categories -- from "goods," such as Apple products, tickets, furniture and sporting equipment... to "services" like web design, cleaning, catering and tutoring. Or if someone wants a very specific alert, keywords allow sellers to get alerted whenever that word is requested. Sellers decide which requests to respond to, and then close the deal within the Zaarly platform.
In addition to these new features, Zaarly continues to provide an integrated in-app payment system, mobile number and email address privacy and a map-view of requests -- all of which are accessible via the apps and mobile web.
"Zaarly 2.0 is a robust mobile marketplace, making it easier and more efficient to get what you want, when you want it from people nearby. It's a true, trustworthy local option to buy and sell with individuals and businesses in your neighborhood," explained Fishback.
Zaarly is the new way to buy and sell with people nearby. Buyers post what they want and what they're willing to pay via any mobile device or the web. Sellers respond and can communicate directly with buyers. Zaarly offers anything buyers are looking for, including products, services/tasks and experiences. Based in San Francisco, CA, Zaarly is backed by investors, including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sands Capital Ventures, Ashton Kutcher, Felicis Ventures, Bill Lee, Naval Ravikant, Lightbank, SV Angel, Paul Buchheit, Thrive Capital, Marc Ecko and Michael Arrington. Zaarly is currently available on the web, mobile web, Android and iPhone application. Visit www.zaarly.com for more information.
Documents and/or Photos available for this release:
Zaarly's new recommendation engine offers suggestions based on an individual's specific location.
Zaarly users can create a profile from scratch or by pulling information from their social networks.
Zaarly 2.0 lets sellers sign up to receive real-time seller alerts via text, push notifications or emails.
To view supporting documents and/or photos, go to www.enr-corp.com/pressroom and enter Release ID: 323443