SOURCE: Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Sep 21, 2012) - Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc., a subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation, today announced the launch of Song Beats, an app for aspiring drummers to practice with a backing band. The app supports the drummer's performance by visualizing which drums to hit and when to hit them while playing along with their favorite songs. Song Beats also allows users to easily create custom accompaniments for drums, putting the drummer's performance at the center of the band.
Song Beats is a free download from the App Store and available immediately for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch in more than 100 countries. Additional songs are available for $2.99 USD in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany.
Song Beats allows users to:
- View glowing rings that make it easy to see which drums to hit and when to hit them, so drummers can learn to play along with their favorite songs.
- Mix the drum sounds users want to hear by using the mute feature, and create simplified drum beats for practice or performance.
- Match a user's skill level or style by changing the tempo.
- Enjoy 10 built-in songs and 10 drum patterns as soon as the app is installed!
- Access more than a thousand songs in the app's built-in shop.
- Load Midi Songs purchased from Yamaha MusicSoft directly into the app using iTunes file sharing.
For more information, please visit: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/song_beats
To download the app on the App Store, please visit:
About Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc.
Yamaha Music Interactive, Inc. (YMIA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation of Japan. YMIA was founded in 2000 in New York City to establish digital content services for customers of Yamaha's Keyboards and other musical instruments.
For more information about YMIA's services, visit http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com
About Yamaha Corporation
Since its founding in 1887, the Yamaha Group has developed its business activities focusing on musical instruments, audio products, Yamaha music schools, and other products and services related to sound and music. We are pleased, indeed, that Yamaha touches on the lives of and brings joy to so many people around the world.
For more information, please visit: http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate/.