THOUSAND OAKS, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - Xirrus®, the leader in high-performance wireless access, today announced the availability of Xirrus Management System (XMS) release 6.2, delivering a powerful set of enhanced capabilities for managing wireless networks. Providing a single point of monitoring and control for all network activity, the XMS scales from small to very large networks supporting tens of thousands of wireless users.
Central to the XMS solution are dashboard summaries and map-based views of the network that simplify the monitoring and management of wireless resources and users. The widget-based, fully customizable dashboard captures summary information such as infrastructure health, security status, user counts, wireless device info, and network traffic. Map views provide a visual, real-time depiction of the wireless deployment using graphical floor plans or images for each location. These views provide layered, drill down information for analyzing and troubleshooting the wireless network.
XMS's powerful monitoring and management capabilities include:
- Automated discovery and installation of Xirrus Wireless Array networks
- Hierarchical structuring of network resource groupings for configuration and monitoring
- Real-time wireless-coverage heat maps
- Graphical depiction of wireless device location and device types
- Monitoring of wireless network performance, traffic and clients
- Consolidated dashboard views of network and user status with drill-down filtering
- Security monitoring, alerting and mitigation for rogues and intrusion attacks
- Troubleshooting tools, including remote diagnostics and packet capture facilities
- Proactive alerting and event management to notify and resolve client issues
- Global searching to speed identification of resource information on demand
- Extensive management reports of wireless network performance over time
The XMS provides a flexible license scheme based on the size of the wireless network, and is available as a VM deployment, a Windows Server-based application, or a preconfigured appliance for those who prefer a turnkey solution. Xirrus Managed Services Partner also provides options for Private Cloud deployments.
"Our wireless network has become an important part of our business due to the increased use of tablets, smartphones, and other wireless devices," said Searl Tate, director of engineering, Paul Hastings. "The Xirrus Management System enables us to centrally monitor and control all aspects of the wireless network across our offices, making it possible to stay ahead of potential wireless network issues."
"Wireless LAN growth is accelerating with a wide range of device types and hundreds or thousands of users on the network. With Wireless users and devices overtaking wired devices, IT managers need a comprehensive, single point of visibility and management more than ever," said Bruce Miller, Vice President, Product Marketing. "The Xirrus Management System serves as 'mission control' for implementation, management and security, whether for a single-site implementation or across a complex, multi-site deployment."
About Xirrus, Inc.
Xirrus is the leading provider of high-performance wireless networks. Xirrus' Array-based solutions perform under the most demanding circumstances with wired-like reliability and superior security. The Xirrus wireless solutions provide a vital strategic business and IT infrastructure advantage to the education, healthcare, government and enterprise industries that depend on wireless to operate business-critical applications. Headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA, Xirrus is a privately held company that designs and manufactures its products and solutions in the USA. For more information please visit: http://www.xirrus.com/ and follow us on Twitter: @Xirrus.
Xirrus and XMS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Xirrus. Other trade names used in this document are or may be the property of their respective owners.