SOURCE: Mercury Cable & Energy
DANA POINT, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Mercury Cable & Energy, Inc. ("Mercury Cable"), the leading developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors ("HVCRC") for electrical transmission lines, is pleased to announce the appointment of Xi Ya Wei (Cotton Hill) to the position of Director of China Operations for Mercury Cable. Mr. Xi has also been appointed to the Board of Directors of Mercury Composite Co. Ltd. replacing Martin Wang in both of those roles.
"We are honored and excited to have Mr. Xi join Mercury Composite's Board of Directors," said Ron Morris, Chairman of Mercury. "To add a Board member of this caliber to help guide Mercury Composite on the execution of its business plan gives us a tremendous advantage. Mr. Xi's reputation, ethics and strong relationships within the Chinese Government provides tremendous strength to our Board and Company. Mr. Xi's experience and expertise in interfacing with Western partners and Chinese customers, investors, employees and State owned utilities will contribute significantly to Mercury's Efficiency, Production, Sales and Marketing capabilities."
Mercury Cable & Energy is a privately held developer of High Voltage Composite Reinforced Conductors (HVCRC), Smart Conductors for the Smart Grid. The patented HVCRC Smart Conductor is superior to existing conductors in a number of key performance areas including:
- Up to double the current carrying capacity of ACSR
- Substantially reduces high temperature sag
- Requires fewer structures for new line construction
- Increases capacity of existing rights of way and structures through retrofitting
- Eliminates bimetallic corrosion
- Significantly reduces line losses compared to same diameter conventional and composite conductors at equal operating temperatures
For additional information please visit our web site at www.mercurycable.com.