SOURCE: Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES)
MIDDLETON, WI--(Marketwire - Aug 2, 2012) - Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES) is shipping the XPand1201, a 3U CompactPCI development platform for conduction-cooled modules. This platform supports up to eight 3U CompactPCI modules and two optional power supply modules.
With support for Rear Transition Modules (RTMs), the XPand1201 provides maximum I/O flexibility and the ability to rapidly prototype deployable systems. The XPand1201 supports up to 482 W of total simultaneous power delivery and a thermal dissipation of up to 60 W per slot. Weighing 20 lbs. (including backplane and power supply) and measuring 16.5 in. (H) x 5.5 in. (W) x 11.5 in. (L), the XPand1201 provides 100% hardware compatibility from development to deployment.
The XPand1201 can be populated with conduction-cooled 3U CompactPCI modules from X-ES, such as:
- XPedite5430: Freescale QorIQ eight-core P4080 processor-based Single Board Computer (SBC), that also supports P3041, P4040, P5010, and P5020 processors
- XPedite5530: Freescale QorIQ dual-core P2020 processor-based SBC, that also supports P1011, and P2010 processors
- XPedite7332: Dual-core Intel Core i7 processor-based SBC with VMware Hypervisor (aka ESXi 5.0 Update 1) support
- XPedite7431: 2nd/3rd generation dual- or quad-core Intel Core i7 processor-based SBC
- XChange1200: 3U cPCI carrier card supports PMC and XMC modules for application-specific I/O
- Cisco 5940 Embedded Services Router (ESR)
Software support on the SBCs above includes, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, Windows (Intel boards only), and other RTOS offering per customer request. The Cisco 5940 Router runs Cisco IOS software.
The XPand1201 is available for purchase in several rapid-development, standard configurations. Custom configurations of modules, RTMs, and backplanes are also available utilizing X-ES and third party components.
About X-ES -- Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and builds single-board computers, I/O boards, power supplies, backplanes, chassis, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. X-ES offers cutting-edge performance and flexibility in design, plus an unparalleled level of customer support and service. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com or call (608) 833-1155.
Data Sheet: http://www.xes-inc.com/products/view/xpand1201/
Press Photo: http://www.xes-inc.com/assets/photos/content/090723_XPand1201.jpg
All trademarks are property of their respective owners.