HAWLEY, PA--(Marketwire - Sep 7, 2012) - It has often been said that being a grandparent is much more fun than being a parent. Woodloch Pines Resort is paving the way for grandparents to have even more fun and spend quality bonding time with the third generation of the family through the G3-Generation Grandparent program.
In the words of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life, and most importantly cookies."
As a way to celebrate the ever-important role that grandparents play in the lives of grandchildren, Woodloch Pines Resort has designed G3-Generation Grandparent, a program especially for grandparents. The award-winning Woodloch Pines Resort has been a family favorite for over 50 years, and now with its new G3-Generation Grandparent program even more of the family can enjoy the magic of Woodloch.
Woodloch recently surveyed its grandparent guests and found that:
- 59% travel with their grandchildren because they want to savor as many memories as possible while their grandchildren are young.
- 58% travel with three or more generations while 29% travel with two.
- 77% plan multi-generational family vacations, getaways or reunions one or more times per year.
- 36% cite a wealth of activities as being the most important aspect of a getaway location, with cost and value coming in second at 25%.
- 44% love traveling with both their grandchildren and their children.
- 69% see their grandchildren on a regular basis.
Perks of the new program include:
- a complimentary arrival or departure lunch
- a complimentary award-winning baked good to take home
- a one-hour late check-out
- a 15% savings in all Woodloch Resort gift shops
Launching just in time for Grandparents Day, which falls this Sunday, September 9th, 2012, special package promotions will be offered especially for grandparents traveling with their grandchildren during select value-season midweeks and weekends. Woodloch's all-inclusive packages include spacious accommodations, three delicious family-style meals daily, breathtaking entertainment, exciting amenities, and over 30 activities scheduled daily, from game-show style contests to friendly physical competitions.
About Woodloch Pines Resort:
Creating a magical experience for families since 1958, Woodloch Pines Resort's signature warm hospitality keeps guests returning year after year and offers a truly unique all-inclusive family vacation experience fitting for everyone's taste. An award-winning family resort, championship golf course and sister property featuring a luxury destination spa is just 95 scenic and convenient miles from New York and Philadelphia nestled in the Pocono Mountains Lake Region. For more information, call 800-966-3562 or visit woodloch.com.