VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 11, 2012) - The 3rd Annual Community Christmas Craft Fair is happening this Saturday, December 15, 2012 from Noon-5pm in the Woodward's Atrium - 126 West Hastings
The fair is a unique experience to support low-income women in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. Residents in the DTES make crafts locally, each piece is affordably priced, and the event has no cost to vendors which means all proceeds go directly to the artists. Vendor submission was restricted to low-income women, many of whom are going through drug and alcohol treatment at the Rainier Women's Treatment Center.
"The craft fair is a great opportunity for women living in the DTES to learn a new skill, sell their art, and have a little extra cash in their pockets in time for the holiday season. It has really been empowering for everyone involved," Says Sarah Common a coordinator at the Drug Users Resource Center where artists have been working each week.
- Very affordable! 80% of all items are less than $20
- Free gifts for every customer who makes a purchase, while supplies last!
- Kids welcome! Come and take a photo with Mrs. Claus!
- Free hot chocolate!
- Buy a craft and you're entered in a raffle for a beautiful wreath from Olla Flowers
- Bring your addresses, we have a holiday card table and we'll mail a card to friends or family for you for free!
- Bring a donation to contribute to holiday gifts for the homeless and marginally housed community members this season
Where: Woodward's Atrium - between Nesters and London Drugs - 126 West Hastings
When: 12pm to 5pm
What: Crafts, hot chocolate, cookies, photos with Mrs. Claus!