BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Sep 5, 2012) - WizIQ, a web-based education platform, announced its WizIQ Virtual Classroom App for Android today. After the successful launch of its iPad App, WizIQ's Android App is ready for prime time.
The app is simple to use and gives students anytime, anywhere access to the WizIQ Virtual Classroom. It is available now in the Google Play store for download.
Designed mainly for students, the Android application offers many of the features available in the desktop version of the virtual classroom. For more than 2 million students and nearly 190,000 teachers, trainers, and teaching organizations currently registered on WizIQ, the WizIQ Virtual Classroom Android App is an important instructional tool.
The app makes online classes on WizIQ more accessible for the growing number of students who choose to carry a tablet running on Google's mobile operating system.
- Attend online classes from home, a cafe, or wherever they happen to be.
- Connect with video and audio on their Android devices.
- View presentations, reports, documents, PDFs, Excel spreadsheets, and multimedia files -- whatever the teacher shares with the class.
- See the whiteboard with all its drawing tools and use their device's touch screen to write on it when the teacher allows.
- Text chat publicly with all participants.
- Virtually raise their hands in the class for questions.
- Give instant feedback through polls shared by the instructor.
The Android App is free for WizIQ users, enabling access to online classes from their tablets.
Android smartphone users should check out the app as well. Although it's been optimized for 7 and 10 inch tablets (it works brilliantly on the new Nexus 7, for example), the increasing size and screen resolutions available on Android smartphones mean that many users of the world's most popular mobile phone OS will also be able to access WizIQ's Virtual Classroom on the go.
WizIQ is a Chandigarh (Mohali), India-based company with an office in Boston, MA. WizIQ's online learning and teaching platform connects educators and students through its WizIQ Virtual Classroom technology and courses, with nearly 2 million registered users. WizIQ's teaching tools work from a web browser, iPad App and now Android App. WizIQ's tools are unique in that they are both personal enough for the individual tutor and scalable enough to meet the needs of universities and major training and teaching organizations.