EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Feb. 14, 2013) - Winefest invites Edmontonians to spend an afternoon or evening indulging at this all-inclusive wine sampling event. Swirl, sip and savour for three hours in a vast selection of local and international wines, ports, sparkling and dessert wines from the world's most celebrated wine regions. Now in its fifth year, this celebration of wine will take place February 15 - 16 at the Shaw Conference Centre, Hall D.
"Winefest offers the unique opportunity to 'try before you buy," said Cathy Miller, Festival Director. "Attendees have the opportunity to explore new wineries and savour some of their tried and true favourites. Guests can pair their wines with this year's selection of gourmet nibbles - from mouthwatering cheese, chocolates and olives to an assortment of hors d'oeuvres."
Winefest is a playground for the palate, where attendees can enjoy wine and hors d'oeuvres while socializing with friends and family in a casually refined atmosphere. Winefest also provides the perfect setting for those looking for a fun and interactive Valentines' Day weekend activity. During the tasting session, guests can get to know their grapes, as knowledgeable experts point out subtle tasting notes and pairing tips. One ticket includes unlimited wine tastings, as well as a complimentary Riedel wine glass and a keepsake Tasting Notebook. Furthermore, an onsite Liquor Depot store will be available where guests can pick up their most exciting finds of the night to take home after the Festival.
Featuring 223 wines from 65 wineries across the globe, this year's festival will showcase wineries from fifteen different countries including; Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Moldova, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Holland, Israel, Greece and South Africa. New and old world wines, unique labels, port and dessert wines will also be available for sampling. Please visit http://www.celebratewinefest.com/edmonton.html for ticket or festival information.
About Winefest Edmonton
Winefest Edmonton is one of the most anticipated wine events in all of Alberta. It takes place at the Shaw Conference Centre, Hall D on February 15 - 16, 2013. Please visit www.celebratewinefest.com for more information on ticket prices, session times, and the tasty details on what's happening at this year's celebration.
Enclosure - Highlights of the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival this year.
EDMONTON 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
Winefest Edmonton is back for its fifth year of all inclusive wine sampling from premier local and international wine producers. Featuring 223 wines from 69 wineries, the Shaw Conference Centre will play host to wine lovers from across the province. Guests will indulge in delicious hors d'oeuvres to complement their beverage selections. This information sheet will provide you with some highlights and a floor plan to help you get the most out of your 2013 Winefest Edmonton experience.
- Winefest will act as the launching pad for wines that have never been poured in Alberta before such as the G7 (B#12) wines from Chile, sips from the Okanagan Perseus Winery (B#36), or the Cabernet and dessert wines from the Ciumai Winery (#43) in Moldova.
- Winefest will play host to unique wine varietals from all over the world including the Rimon (B#71) kosher pomegranate wines from Israel, the icecold mixed prosecco cocktail Monte Scroppino (B#54) from Holland, and the USA Copa Di Vino (B#52) single-serve cups of wine.
- Winemakers and winery owners will be onsite during the Festival. Featuring Phillip Staehle of USA's Enkidu Wines (B#11).
- Winefest presents organic and biodynamic wines from Bonterra Organic Vineyards (B#57), USA, as well as New Zealand "certified sustainable" Spy Valley Wines (B#61).
- Falling on the Valentine's Day weekend, Winefest will feature wines for lovers and mates such as Vino Cacao (B#64 ) from France - combines the great traditional French Bordeaux wines and Cognac with exotic Dark Chocolate . Also Chocovine (B#10) from Holland - a rich blend of Dutch dark chocolate and fine red wine.
- This year, the Shaw Conference Centre will be catering Winefest with a sample of palette pleasing hors d'oeuvres. In addition, The Cheesiry (B#21 & B#38) will be providing a variety of cheese selections, alongside a variety of olives, chocolates and antipasto from Nefiss Lezizz (B#1), Cococo Chocolatiers, the Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Company (B#26), Terra International Food (B#60), and more.
Map and booth numbers of the Winefest Edmonton Tasting Hall - Shaw Conference Centre, Hall DMore details can be found at CelebrateWinefest.com
To view the image associated with this release, please visit the following link: