CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Feb. 21, 2013) - Winefest invites Calgarians to spend an afternoon or evening indulging at this all-inclusive wine event. Swirl, sip and savour for three hours, sampling from a vast assortment of local and international wines, ports, sparkling and dessert wines from the world's most celebrated wine regions. The 21st annual Winefest will take place February 22 - 23 at the Stampede Park Big Four, Hall A.
"Winefest offers the unique opportunity to 'try before you buy," said Cathy Miller, Festival Director. "Attendees have the opportunity to explore new wineries and savour some of their tried and true favourites. Guests can pair their wines with this year's selection of gourmet nibbles - from mouthwatering cheese, chocolates and olives to an assortment of hors d'oeuvres."
Winefest is a playground for the palate, where wine novices and seasoned vino lovers alike can enjoy wine and hors d'oeuvres, while socializing with friends and family in a casually refined atmosphere. During the tasting session, guests can get to know their grapes, as knowledgeable experts point out subtle tasting notes and pairing tips. One ticket includes unlimited wine tastings, as well as a complimentary Riedel wine glass and a keepsake Tasting Notebook. Furthermore, an onsite Liquor Depot store will be available where guests can pick up their most exciting finds of the night to take home after the Festival.
Featuring 247 wines from 77 wineries across the globe, this year's Festival will showcase wineries from 14 different countries including; Canada, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Moldova, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Holland, Israel and Greece. New and old world wines, unique labels, port and dessert wines will also be available for sampling.
About Winefest Calgary
Winefest Calgary is one of the largest and most anticipated wine events in all of Alberta. It takes place at the Stampede Park Big Four, Hall A on February 22 - 23, 2013.
Please visit www.celebratewinefest.com for more information on ticket prices, session times, and the tasty details on what's happening at this year's celebration. Friday and Saturday evening tickets are sold out, however Saturday afternoon tickets are still available.
CALGARY 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
This information sheet will provide you with some highlights and a floor plan to help you get the most out of your 2013 Winefest Calgary experience.
- Winefest will act as the launching pad for wines that have never been poured in Alberta before such as the G7 (B#5) wines from Chile, sips from the Okanagan Perseus Winery (B#64), and the Cabernet and dessert wines from the Ciumai Winery (B#51) in Moldova.
- Winefest will play host to unique wine varietals from all over the world including the Rimon (B#59) kosher pomegranate wines from Israel, the icecold mixed prosecco cocktail Monte Scroppino (B#70) from Holland, and the USA Copa Di Vino (B#68) single-serve cups of wine.
- Winemakers and winery owners will be onsite during the Festival including feature guest Phillip Staehle of USA's Enkidu Wines (B#4).
- Winefest presents organic and biodynamic wines from Bonterra Organic Vineyards (B#74), USA, as well as New Zealand "certified sustainable" Spy Valley Wines (B#16).
- Winefest Calgary will be featuring appealing chocolate infused wines such as Vino Cacao (B#48) from France, which combines the great traditional French Bordeaux wines and Cognac with exotic Dark Chocolate. Also look for Chocovine (B#3) from Holland - a rich blend of Dutch dark chocolate and fine red wine.
- This year, the Calgary Stampede will be catering Winefest with a sample of palette pleasing hors d'oeuvres. In addition, Springbank Cheese Co. (B#7, B#19 & B#27) will be providing a variety of cheese selections, alongside a variety of olives, chocolates and antipasto from Nefiss Lezizz (B#60), Cococo Chocolatiers, the Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut Company (B#41), samples from Dave's Hot Pepper Jelly (B#24), COBS Bread (B#20) and more.
Map and booth numbers for the Winefest Calgary Tasting Hall - Stampede Park Big Four, Hall A. More details can be found at CelebrateWinefest.com.
To view the image associated with this release, please visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/221wfs1.pdf