MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - July 17, 2012) - Swinton Vans is urging 'white van men' to plan their routes ahead of the Olympic Games which begin at the end of this month.
With thousands of visitors expected to descend on the capital for the duration of The Games Swinton van insurance is reminding van drivers that routes are likely to be busier and more congested than usual which could significantly increase journey times.
In a survey of 1,200 London van drivers Swinton Vans revealed that nearly a third (32%) of drivers feel that they are sufficiently prepared for the congestion during The Games but only one in five will use alternative routes. Even less, (10%) have considered making deliveries overnight to avoid the congested routes.
Transport for London (TfL) is also helping van drivers by creating an easy to use website www.freightplanner.tfl.gov.uk which offers alternative routes and tips for affected areas.
Phil Moss, Commercial Vehicle Manager at Swinton said, "It is fantastic that our capital city is hosting the 2012 Olympic Games but van drivers need to bear in mind that roads around central London and The Games venues will be extremely busy. It is vital that van drivers plan their routes ahead as this will save money in the long run and reduce fuel costs. Van drivers should also make sure their van insurance policy is up-to-date as accidents are more likely to happen in busier traffic conditions."
- Swinton Commercial is the dedicated commercial insurance division of the Swinton Group
- Swinton Commercial was awarded Commercial Lines Broker of the Year 2008 and is a finalist at the British Insurer Awards 2009
- With 603 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates