SOURCE: Bulldog Reporter's PR University
OAKLAND, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 21, 2012) - Higher Education PR professionals looking to use advanced digital/social and integrated marketing strategies to increase enrollment and retention, build student and alumni communities and boost donations should attend this new half-day webinar from PR University.
This half-day webinar for communicators at colleges, universities and adult education institutions titled: What's New & What's Working in Higher Education Marketing: Digital, Social and Beyond will reveal how frontline PR practitioners build loyalty, website traffic, student and alumni satisfaction and gifts. In addition, nine top higher education journalists and bloggers will share next year's hottest editorial topics and tips for increasing their media coverage. This will be moderated by renowned social media expert, blogger, consultant and educator, Sally Falkow.
This exclusive PR University half-day webinar takes place on Friday, September 28, at 1PM EDT (noon CDT; 11AM MDT; 10AM PDT).
John M. Barry, Vice President for Marketing and Communications, Baylor University
Max Benavidez, Ph.D. Associate Vice President for Public Affairs and Communications,
Claremont McKenna College
Tamarah Cook, Social Media Manager, Southern Illinois University
Andrew Gossen, Senior Director for Social Media Strategy Office of Alumni Affairs, Cornell University
Bob Johnson, Ph.D. President, Bob Johnson Consulting, LLC
Cassandra Ketrick, Junior New Media Specialist, Web Communications, Marketing and New Media, University of Oklahoma
Christine Messina-Boyer, Vice President, Higher Education, Widmeyer Communications
Judith Romero, Public Information Officer, Stanford Law School
Julia Weede, Senior Vice President, Education, Edelman
Sally Falkow, APR, Moderator, President, Meritus Media
Here are some of the latest breakthroughs in digital/social and integrated marketing for higher education PR pros will cover:
- The nearly perfect higher-ed website: How a small university created a website that scored an amazing 90-percent approval rating from both parents and students -- beating most "name brand" schools' sites
- Social networking on their institution's home page? Learn how schools now fearlessly integrate Twitter and Facebook feeds into their public-facing sites
- Mobile apps on campus: How schools are building community -- with students, faculty and alumni -- using high-powered mobile services
- Which messages the smartest schools use to engage and attract prospective and admitted students on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook
- Mobile admissions? How one small university created a mobile admissions application process that's now used by 10% of all applicants
- How a major university graduate school promotes and links to all its faculty and admissions-department blogs on one social media landing page
- How students, faculty, alumni and administrators teamed up to support a university's major fundraising drive with 30 heartfelt personal Web videos
- Google Maps lets Web visitors pinpoint a small East-coast university's recent graduates' profiles: School majors, new jobs and geographical destinations
- Social media directory: How this university created a one-page clickable directory to help students, faculty and alumni find its 88 social media sites
- How one school uses personal profiles and commentary of current students from 14 different countries to recruit future international students
- How a "live chat" feature on its home page lets a university answer prospective students' questions and begin personal engagement instantly
- Whatcha watchin'? A leading design school hosts its own video channel, featuring 14 videos about its students' work and activities
- Best practices in alumni social networks: How one state university manages communities on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
For more details go to conference home page or download the PDF brochure
Bulldog Reporter's PR University produces over 60 high-level professional development conferences per year with extraordinary speakers on media relations skills, PR measurement, crisis communications, advanced PR technology, social media, and the nation's most influential media -- a complete professional development program to meet all your training and updating needs.
Attendance at this Bulldog Reporter PR University half-day webinar costs just $695 per login. Participants in this half-day webinar will be able to pose specific questions for the presenter at several junctures during the discussion.
Attendees of PR University half-day conferences receive two credits toward PRSA accreditation maintenance. Registration also includes an on demand video presentation of the event. For more information on taking part in the event, go to our conference home page or for personalized service and special offers please contact one of our sales consultants toll free at: 1-800-959-1059.