PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 29, 2012) - WePay, the easiest way to accept payments online, has unveiled the world's first payment buttons that allow merchants to accept payments on their own sites without requiring them to write code or redirect their customers. It's as easy as copy-and-paste.
- No Programming - If you can embed a YouTube video you can accept payments with WePay. It's as easy as copy-and-paste.
- No Redirect - The entire checkout process takes place on your site. Your customers never have to leave. Just embed the button, and we'll handle the rest.
- Simple Pricing - No setup, monthly, or hidden fees. Just 2.9% + 30¢ for credit cards and 1% + 30¢ for bank payments.
- More than just payments:
- 'Add to Cart' buttons let you sell multiple items
- 'Donate' buttons help you raise money online
- 'Register' buttons make event registration simple
- Payments are made through a secure iframe on your site, so you don't have to worry about PCI compliance or security.
"Since we launched WePay, merchants have been asking for a better way to accept payments on their own websites. WePay already goes a long way toward improving online payments, but these Payment Buttons represent our most ambitious undertaking to date," said WePay CEO Bill Clerico. "We want to make accepting payments on your site as easy as embedding a YouTube video, and I believe we've done that. No other payment company allows you to accept payments on your own site, without requiring a redirect or any programming whatsoever."
Scott D'Antuono runs grassroots.org, a non-profit organization founded in 2002 that provides free web and technology services to other non-profit organizations. Grassroots relies on donations and grants to provide its services, so it was important for them to find the easiest way to accept donations online. They used Google Checkout in the past, but recently made the switch to WePay.
"The simplicity of WePay is really what sold us," said Mr. D'Antuono. "It's so easy to use WePay, and after the switch we saw a substantial uptick in the number of donations we were receiving."
WePay buttons are available today. For more information or to register to create buttons please visit https://www.wepay.com/payment-buttons
WePay is the easiest way to accept payments online. WePay was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. For more information visit https://www.wepay.com or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.