MONTREAL, QUÉBEC--(Marketwire - Sept. 5, 2012) -
Editors Note: There is a video and two photos associated with this press release.
The Last Post Fund has embarked on its inaugural national fundraising campaign, entitled In Memory of our Veterans.
Mission: The Last Post Fund (LPF) is a non-profit organization whose mission, since 1909, is to ensure that no eligible Canadian or Allied Veteran is denied a dignified funeral and burial due to insufficient funds at time of death. The LPF delivers the Funeral and Burial Program on behalf of Veterans Affairs Canada.
"For over a century, the Last Post Fund has provided dignified funerals and burials for 150,000 Canadian financially challenged Veterans," states MGen (Ret'd) Lewis MacKenzie, Honorary Chairman of the campaign.
The specific use of proceeds is very well-defined with contributions (cash or in-kind) directed to these primary, urgent areas of need:
- $1,000,000 set aside to facilitate the dignified burial of financially challenged Veterans
- $1,000,000 to support the Last Post Fund's Unmarked Grave Program
- $1,000,000 for purchase and clearance of new land section at the LPF National Field of Honour
- $200,000 for renovation of the Arthur Hair Reception Centre at the National Field of Honour
- $200,000 for road repairs and equipment
- $6,000,000 to sustain the perpetual care fund of the LPF National Field of Honour and to support other Fields of Honour set up by the Last Post Fund
Donations can be made online. You may also fill out this form.
Several advantages are offered to donors as specified in our Donor Recognition Program.
Campaign coverage: http://www.cbj.ca/features/aug_12_features/the_last_post_fund.html
Press release graciously provided as gift-in-kind by Money.ca.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links:
To view the video associated with this press release, please visit the following link: