SOURCE: Vision Solutions, Inc.
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 20, 2012) - Vision Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of information availability software and services, will demonstrate its Double-Take 6.0, a "Simply Evolved" solution for exceptional application and data protection in virtual, cloud and physical computing environments, August 26-30 at VMworld® 2012 in San Francisco. As an Elite TAP member, Vision Solutions collaborates closely with VMware to ensure that customers using VMware vSphere® and VMware vCloud Director® can take advantage of Vision Solutions' advanced data protection solutions. Vision Solutions will be showcasing the Double-Take 6.0 as well as new capabilities for joint customers.
The Double-Take 6.0 helps companies protect profitability and reputation by providing affordable, asynchronous data replication, enabling immediate recovery from any system outage.
Vision Solutions will showcase the following Double Take products at the conference in Booth No. 2135:
- Double-Take Move - New 6.0 release for Windows configures the transition from physical servers to those hosted by cloud providers.
- Double-Take Availability with UVRA for ESX - New 6.0 release for Windows and Linux safeguards the availability of physical, virtual and cloud-based servers on a budget.
- Double-Take solution for vCloud Director-Aware Data protection - New 6.1 release (available Q4-2012) compatible with VMware vCloud Director reduces the complexity and cost of data protection.
Double-Take Move offers the following features:
- Real-Time Migration - migrates physical or virtual servers directly to VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V without downtime.
- Flexible Configuration - captures byte-level changes to a server's OS, applications and data.
- Simple Configuration - replicates changes to new physical or virtual hardware at any location, locally or globally.
Double-Take Availability with UVRA for ESX offers the following features:
- Single Solution for Windows and Linux - allows user to manage the availability environments for both physical and virtual servers.
- Uniquely Affordable to Buy and to Own - offers long-term savings gained through bandwidth-efficient replication that minimizes the cost of remote data replication.
- Enterprise, Business-Level Performance at an SMB Price - works on existing hardware, storage and LAN/WAN infrastructure assets.
Double-Take solution for vCloud Director-Aware Data protection offers the following new features:
- Agent-less Data Protection for VMware Environments - plugs into VMware vSphere® Storage APIs to offer storage-independent data protection.
- vCloud Director/vApp Awareness - replicates and fails over entire vApps, including vApp metadata and VMDKs to the same or alternate virtual datacenters.
- Point-in-Time Recovery - protects and recovers vApp Settings and associated data at past points in time that are specified by users.
- Fully Multi-Tenant Aware - Double-Take's vApp protection allows tenants authorized access to their replication settings at vApp level granularity.
The Double-Take 6.0 is Vision Solutions' flagship offering for Windows and Linux, developed from more than 20 years' experience providing global availability services and protection to businesses and partners. With more than 25,000 customers running Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing environments, Vision Solutions excels at the continuous pursuit of making business continuity simpler and more affordable.
Alan Arnold, chief technology officer, Vision Solutions
"In today's competitive global market, interruptions in data or downtime for systems applications are simply not acceptable causalities to business operations and revenue. To risk information and application access with an IT infrastructure that doesn't provide around- the-clock operations is to risk an organization's reputation. Double-Take allows companies to save data, revenue and even jobs as a result of the software's replication and failover technology."
Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware
"Double-Take's Solutions for VMware infrastructure is designed to reduce the administrative workload on IT and datacenter professionals. Providing integrated data protection for VMware vCloud® is an ideal way to leverage multi-tenancy and drive greater efficiencies by reducing complexities associated with business continuity."
Double-Take 6.0 Demonstrations
Booth No. 2135
747 Howard Street, San Francisco
August 26-30, 2012
About Vision Solutions
Vision Solutions, Inc. is the world's leading provider of information availability software and services for Windows, Linux, IBM Power Systems and Cloud Computing markets that includes vCloud Director, Double -Take Move and Double-Take Availability with UVRA for ESX. Vision's trusted Double-Take®, MIMIX® and iTERA™ high availability and disaster recovery brands support business continuity, satisfy compliance requirements and increase productivity in physical and virtual environments. Affordable and easy-to-use, Vision products are backed by worldwide 24X7 customer support centers and a global partner network that includes IBM, HP, Microsoft, VMware and Dell. Privately held by Thoma Bravo, Vision Solutions is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA with offices worldwide. For more information, visit visionsolutions.com, follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VSIDTInfo, on other popular social networks or call 1.800.957.4511 (toll-free U.S. and Canada) or 801.799.0300.
VMware, VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud Director are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.