SOURCE: vBulletin Solutions
LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 12, 2012) - vBulletin Solutions today launched the beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect, the next generation of its ubiquitous community software. Completely re-engineered and packing more than 100 new features and enhancements, vBulletin 5 Connect is a dramatic leap forward in the standard of community software.
Today's beta release of vBulletin 5 Connect will be quickly followed by a gold release.
"Since our June announcement of vBulletin 5 Connect and its ability to move community software beyond forums, interest has been huge," said Joe Rosenblum, CTO of Internet Brands (which owns vBulletin). "We're launching this early release now not only to get additional customer feedback, but to give people the chance to get their hands on the product and start exploring all of vBulletin 5 Connect's new features."
Improvements For All
In addition to allowing current vBulletin users to dramatically upgrade their communities, vBulletin 5 Connect has also been designed with new users in mind, providing those new to vBulletin with a powerful platform on which they can build thriving web communities.
Optimizing vBulletin for a better user experience on mobile devices was also a major consideration during development, as was making vBulletin 5 Connect API-driven to make it easier for third-party developers to create plug-ins for the product.
Hundreds of Enhancements
vBulletin 5 Connect builds on vBulletin's industry-leading forum functionality with an activity stream, blogs and robust moderation tools included in its core. Among the hundreds of new features and improvements:
- A re-architected Core that provides easier customization and display layer extensibility through a central API
- Elegant new user interface that advances the aesthetic standard for community websites and engages users to contribute more content to a community
- Simplified administrative experience with new features including in-line site editing and built-in SEO capabilities
- All-new Site Builder that allows drag-and-drop configuration of pages and easy customization
- Enhanced search and discovery that elevates customized pieces of valuable content and filters various types of content for display, driving more page views and greater engagement
- More socially-enabled features including new user profiles, an enhanced groups module, and real-time updates
- Integrated monetization functionality provided by VigLink
An Easy Upgrade
vBulletin 5 Connect comes with a simplified upgrader tool for converting existing vBulletin 3 and 4 sites. It also includes a powerful importer that easily converts forums built with other community software to vBulletin 5 Connect.
Pricing & Discounts
vBulletin 5 Connect will retail for $249. From now until September 30, 2012, all customers will receive a special introductory of discount of $25. The following additional discounts are also being offered at launch:
- Customers upgrading from vBulletin 3 or 4: additional $40 discount
- Customers who purchased vBulletin 4 on or after 6/1/12: additional $35 discount, valid until December 5, 2012
To purchase vBulletin 5 Connect, visit www.vbulletin.com.
vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful administration features and speed in mind, it serves over 100,000 online communities worldwide. vBulletin is a division of Internet Brands, Inc.