ROCKVILLE, MD--(Marketwire - Jun 28, 2011) - MarketResearch.com has announced the addition of the new report "U.S. Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Market, 2010-2015 (Market Share, Winning Strategies and Adoption Trends)," to their collection of Information Technology market reports. For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?ProductID=6419752
EMR is a part of healthcare information technology that is used to make paperless computerized patient data in order to increase efficiency of hospital systems and reduce chances of errors in medical records. A substantial growth rate (more than 16%) of the U.S. healthcare IT spending and the government initiatives towards development of a nationwide healthcare information network are expected to push EMR implementation across the healthcare sector in the U.S. The rising demand for the healthcare cost containment and need to improve the quality of healthcare service are driving the growth of the EMR market in the U.S. The U.S. EMR market is expected to grow from $2,177 million in 2009 to $6,054 million in 2015 at an estimated CAGR of 18.1% during the forecast period 2010-2015.
Though large-sized healthcare practices prefer on-site/client-server based EMR systems, web-based EMR solutions or ASP models are gaining higher popularity within the small sized healthcare practices and private physician offices.
The U.S. EMR market space is highly fragmented with more than 1,000 players in the market. In 2010, Allscripts emerged as a market leader with 15.7% market share in the physician office EMR market; whereas Meditech led the hospital EMR segment with an overall market share of 24.9%.
Key questions answered by the report include:
- Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the U.S. EMR market segmented in terms of end users of, components and applications?
- What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
- Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
- Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
- How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths? Who is doing what?
For more information, visit http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?ProductID=6419752
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With over 300,000 research reports from more than 700 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. For more information, call Veronica Franco at 240-747-3016 or visit www.MarketResearch.com.