SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 7, 2012) - The Churchill Club, Silicon Valley's premier business and technology forum, today announced the addition of a new award to their second annual celebration of the 2012 Churchill Awards, announced on September 5. On September 13th, this fresh tradition will highlight excellence in this year's recipients of "The Churchills," awards given to inspire others to pursue innovation. A fifth award will be introduced at this year's ceremony: the 2012 "Serial Disruptor," which will be presented to Google for "solving multiple problems in myriad ways on a global scale."
The evening will begin with a networking reception, followed by a formal dinner, award presentation and then in-depth conversation with award recipients and other esteemed names in the Silicon Valley tech field. The four original categories from last year's Churchill Awards include "Legendary Leader," "Magical Team," "Global Benefactor," and "Game Changer."
Special Event: Churchill Awards 2012
Honorees and speakers include:
- Geoffrey Moore (Master of Ceremonies), Author, Speaker, Advisor
- SpaceX (Game Changer Honoree), accepted by Steve Jurvetson, SpaceX Board Member and Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Vinod Khosla (Legendary Leader Honoree), Founder, Khosla Ventures
- Box (Magical Team Honoree), accepted by co-founders Aaron Levie, CEO, & Dylan Smith, CFO
- Hasso Plattner (Global Benefactor Honoree), Co-Founder & Chairman, SAP AG. Dr. Plattner will be interviewed by Scott McNealy, Chairman, Wayin; former Chairman & CEO, Sun Microsystems
- *NEW* Amit Singhal on behalf of Google (Serial Disruptor Honoree), Senior Vice President and Google Fellow, Google
- Awards Registration & Reception: 5:30 p.m.
- Awards Banquet: 6:00 p.m.
- Awards Program & Ceremony: 7:00 p.m.
- Program concludes: 8:45 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
More: To register for the awards ceremony or for more detail on the schedule, please visit http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4086083586?ref=ebtnebregn.
Sponsors of the September 13th awards include Shell, KPMG, Accenture, Nair & Co., SAP, Silicon Valley Bank and SRI International.
For updated event schedule information check out Churchill Club's related links:
About Churchill Club:
Churchill Club is Silicon Valley's premier business and technology forum. The 7,000-member, 26-year-old, 501(c)(3) non-profit has earned its international reputation for dynamic, in-the-news programs where global business and thought leaders meet to discuss and debate, inform and educate, forecast and evaluate. The organization presents up to 40 programs each year in support of innovation, economic growth, and societal benefit, with an emphasis on actionable takeaways and insights. Past speakers include founders and executives of major companies such as Google CEO Larry Page, Intuit Chairman Bill Campbell, Xerox CEO Ursula Burns, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Shell CEO Peter Voser, Nissan-Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, and Oracle CEO Larry Ellison; prominent investors such as John Doerr, Vinod Khosla, Roger McNamee, Marc Andreessen, and Ron Conway; and government and other leaders such as former U.S. presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, filmmaker James Cameron, and Hollywood talent über-agent Ari Emanuel. Further information about Churchill Club can be found at www.churchillclub.org.