BELMONT, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 7, 2012) - In honor of Fashion Week -- and just four weeks after the first-ever fashion show at the 2012 BlogHer Annual Conference in New York City -- BlogHer, Inc., celebrates its thriving style and beauty network with three new initiatives:
- The BlogHer Style Squad, a roster of the major influencers in the fashion and beauty blogosphere who are part of the BlogHer Publishing Network, the premium cross-platform media network and publisher for women
- Sponsorship of Cocktails and Couture on September 8 in New York City, an event where online trendsetters mingle in real life
- A new release of key data about the BlogHer community's online habits for consuming and purchasing style and beauty
Introducing The BlogHer Style Squad
The BlogHer Style Squad embodies the company's inclusive take on fashion and beauty, as well as the growing influence of online voices and visionaries in helping to shape a woman's style. The Style Squad's motto is -- Be yourself. Be confident. Be beautiful. -- which is a bigger tent than those that go up at fashion week, welcoming all the diverse fashion passions of the 45 million women in the BlogHer community, be it plus-size style, manicure madness or high-style shopping.
The Style Squad includes longtime BlogHer Publishing Network members, such as BlogHer Editor-at-Large Kathryn Finney (The Budget Fashionista™), BlogHer Style Editor Maegan Tintari (...Love Maegan), and Reagan Baker (Hairdresser on Fire), as well as newer Style Squad members, such as Lianne Farbes (The Makeup Girl), Christina Brown (Love Brown Sugar), Caitlin Moran (Style Within Reach), and Alissa Brown (Stylish Curves).
The BlogHer Style Squad will work with BlogHer to expand its style coverage and innovate its marketing programs.
"The BlogHer Style Squad's mission is to join with BlogHer's community of 45 million women to celebrate every woman," said Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins, and Lisa Stone, BlogHer co-founders. "The rousing success of the first-ever BlogHer Fashion Show at BlogHer '12 was the living embodiment of this mission. BlogHer's unique take on individual style is irresistible to our audience, and we look forward to expanding our impact."
Cocktails and Couture Event on September 8
New BlogHer Style Squad member Lianne Farbes (The Makeup Girl) is the creator of Cocktails and Couture, an evening event held twice a year during Fashion Week. Style bloggers meet at Cocktails and Couture to mingle, try new beauty products, and relax during the hubbub of Fashion Week. This season, the party will be co-hosted by Patrice Grell Yursik (Afrobella). BlogHer is the event's exclusive media sponsor.
Key Style and Beauty Data about the BlogHer Community
BlogHer's increased investment in the style and beauty space reflects the community's growing interest in shopping for style and beauty products online. Some highlights of a recent survey of the community include:
- 77% of the BlogHer community trusts style and beauty blogs to help them with style and beauty purchasing decisions, more than women's lifestyle sites (52%) or social tools such as Facebook (60%).
- 60% say blogs help them gain more confidence in their style choices.
- User reviews (70%) and blogger advice (65%) are the most attractive elements a style or beauty website can have to attract BlogHer's community of style-seekers.
- Three quarters of the BlogHer community shops for clothes online, and 60% shop for beauty products online.
- A third of the BlogHer community yearns for expert advice in the form of a head-to-toe makeover and feel like there's a "style princess" inside, just waiting to break out.
With these new initiatives in motion, it's shaping up to be the most fashionable fall ever at BlogHer.
The BlogHer study was conducted with 795 female members of BlogHer's Publishing Network (ages 18+) in August 2012. The margin of error is + or - 3.4%, with a 99% degree of confidence.
Reaching 45 U.S. million women each month (Nielsen Site Census, August 2012), BlogHer (http://www.blogher.com) is the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women social media leaders. BlogHer developed and leads the marketplace with the most robust economic and networking opportunities for women in social media and brands seeking to engage in authentic and persuasive dialog with them. Founded in February 2005 by Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, BlogHer publishes and syndicates news, information, advice and recommendations to and from 3,000 premium blogs, delivers uniquely insightful research on women in social media across interest areas, hosts the world's largest conferences for women in social media and curates a daily news service, BlogHer.com.