MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 28, 2012) - TVU Networks, the global leader in live mobile electronic news gathering (ENG) solutions, today introduced TVUPack TM8200, the smallest, lightest and most powerful mobile wireless 3G/4G/LTE uplink solution available in a backpack. With TVUPack TM8200, camera crews are able to capture and transmit professional live HD video from more locations while using fewer data cards.
TVUPack TM8200 is powered by two innovative new technologies: Inverse StatMux+, the industry's most resilient and reliable cellular transmission protocol, and TVU264, TVU's powerful proprietary H.264 encoding engine. With these groundbreaking technologies, TVUPack TM8200 is able to deliver professional-quality HD video in even the most congested network environments. TVUPack TM8200 dynamically segments a video signal and broadcasts it over multiple wireless 3G/4G/LTE, WiFi, WiMax, BGAN, satellite and microwave connections, ensuring that bandwidth from each connection is fully utilized and aggregated. As a result, TVUPack TM8200 is able to deliver unmatched stability, resiliency and picture quality -- even in the most challenging network environments.
"TVUPack TM8200 continues to push the boundaries of what is possible with a mobile cellular uplink solution, giving broadcasters the best picture quality available in a smaller and lighter form," said Paul Shen, CEO of TVU Networks. "Hundreds of broadcasters around the world rely on our TVUPack family of products to deliver flexibility, strong picture quality, and reliability, and TM8200 will give them an even more powerful tool to capture compelling content. TVUPack TM8200 enables camera operators to shoot from locations that can't be reached by traditional OB vans or even other uplink products, while relying upon all of the industry leading features that ensure a stable transmission."
TVUPack TM8200 offers a number of user-friendly features, including:
- Smaller, Lighter and More Powerful - TVUPack TM 8200 weighs merely 4 pounds without its bag and accessories. Despite its reduced size, TM8200 delivers the same powerful encoding engine relied upon by TVUPack 8100 customers while adding newly developed enhanced transmission protocols that utilize bandwidth more efficiently and deliver error-free HD video transmission from more locations, including difficult network environments such as crowded stadiums.
- Simple to Use - TVUPack TM8200 requires no in-field configuration, enabling camera crews to focus on capturing content. The pack powers up and begins transmitting live video in less than one minute with just the push of a button.
- Store and Forward Functionality - TVUPack TM8200 utilizes an embedded SSD to automatically record up to 12 hours of video any time a source is connected. Stored content on the Pack can easily be previewed and streamed/transferred to a broadcast facility in the event of a network service interruption.
- Hotspot Functionality - TVUPack TM8200 offers optional built in hotspot functionality, enabling any wireless device to access the Internet through the TVUPack's multiple optimized connections.
- Works With Any TVU Receiver - TVUPack TM8200 is compatible with any TVUPack Receiver Terminal, including the TVUPack Cloud service.
- Modular Configuration - TM8200's modular design consists of the TM8200 encoder, an enclosed, user-servicable modem-module (which houses up to eight, fully carrier and FCC compliant USB modems) and battery mount frame (which houses two, hot swap Anton Bauer or V-Mount batteries. When used in a truck or fixed location, the ultra compact TM8200 encoder (7.25" x 8.5" x 2.25") can be removed and mounted standalone which the modem module can be placed in a more ideal location for optimal coverage, such as near a window or on the roof of a truck... connected by a single cable.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, TVUPack gives broadcasters satellite and microwave TV truck functionality in a lightweight backpack. TVUPack is the original one button operation backpack, is simple to use and provides broadcasters with low-latency, HD-quality signal that enables them to broadcast live at any time and from any location. TVUPack has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events including the London Olympics, U.S. presidential election primaries, the World Cup, April's Friends of Syria conference, and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's recent tour of the Middle East and North Africa.
TVUPack 8200 will be on display at the TVU Networks booth (number S.B28) at IBC 2012. For more information about TVUPack 8200 and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides broadcast organizations around the globe with innovative wireless electronic newsgathering (ENG) and Internet broadcasting solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, North Carolina and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvunetworks.com.