PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 22, 2012) - TuneIn, a service that lets people listen to the world's music, sports and news, today announced it has formed strategic alliances with more than 20 major broadcasting companies, whose total number of stations top 600. The company also announced it now carries 70,000 stations, an increase of 52% over the last year. Coming on the heels of other major announcements such as ESPN Radio and CBS Radio, this continues the growing trend of broadcasters aligning with TuneIn as they forge new digital strategies.
Leading broadcasters, including FOX News Radio and Bloomberg Radio, selected TuneIn to further extend the reach of their music, talk, news and sports programming to the service's more than 30 million monthly active listeners. Also as part of these alliances, TuneIn will provide each broadcaster with free, industry-leading tools, such as analytics through TuneIn Amplifier, and access to the audio service's ad platform.
Among the more than 20 companies that aligned with TuneIn, key broadcasters include:
- FOX News Radio - News at the top and bottom of every hour, including the following syndicated shows, are accessible to TuneIn listeners: FOX News Talk, Kilmeade and Friends with Brian Kilmeade, The John Gibson Show, The Tom Sullivan Show, FOX Across America with Spencer Hughes and The Alan Colmes Show.
- Bloomberg Radio - Bloomberg Radio offers free Internet radio from the world's most trusted source of financial news and business information. All programs broadcast on Bloomberg Radio and its affiliated station are now available on TuneIn.
- GoRadio.com - Fresh Internet radio covering multiple genres in one. TuneIn listeners can access one of four radio stations -- Downhome, indigo, Meta and #ALLIN -- to hear special shows, on-air personalities and unique music mixes hand-crafted for people that share the same lifestyle.
- Monocle 24 - Headquartered in London and launched in 2007, Monocle 24 broadcasts global affairs, business, culture and design programming. All broadcasts are available through TuneIn, including popular shows such as The Monocle Weekly and The Globalist.
- Public Radio Exchange (PRX) - An award-winning public media company, PRX is changing the sound of public radio, championing new, diverse and independent voices, and pioneering new approaches to program development. All shows, including signature programs such as The Moth Radio Hour, Sound Opinions, State of the Re:Union, Snap Judgment, American Routes and WTF with Marc Maron, are available to TuneIn listeners.
- Laut.FM - Laut.FM offers User Generated Radio™ with more than 350 Internet music channels, carefully curated by DJs and users to meet all tastes. All of Laut.FM's streams are available across 150 TuneIn platforms.
- THIRD ROCK-RFC Media - "America's Space Station," THIRD ROCK is an online radio station, broadcasting live 24/7 with a mission of New Rock Discovery, and a passion for the excitement of what's happening at NASA. Listeners can hear NASA's only broadcast channel through more than 150 TuneIn platforms.
- 181.FM - "True R&B" Internet radio, all 79 stations are accessible through TuneIn.
- AddictedToRadio - Free Internet radio with 75 stations. All formats can be enjoyed by TuneIn listeners: Top 40/Pop, R&B/Hip-Hop, Rock, Dance (EDM), Dance (Old School), Decades (70s-90s), Blues/Jazz, Country/Americana, Oldies (20s-60s), Latin/World/Reggae, Classical/Relaxing and News/Talk/Info.
- AccuRadio - More than 650 channels of personalizable online radio, which listeners can mix and match to create their own custom music mix. Over 30 of AccuRadio's most popular stations are available through TuneIn -- including jazz, classical, Broadway, folk, world music and more -- with additional channels coming soon!
- 977Music.com - Free Internet radio with no limit on how long you can listen with very few commercials. All 15 personally hand-crafted curated channels from www.977music.com are available for TuneIn listeners: 70's Rock, 80's Hits, 90's Hits, Today's Hits, Hip Hop/R&B, Adult Hits, Alternative, Country, Jazz Music, Comedy, Latin Hits, Christian Hits, Electronic Dance, Top 40 Dance and 50s, 60s Hits.
In addition to the major broadcasters outlined above, TuneIn has formed relationships with more than a dozen others this week including: Array.FM, Magic Monster Radio, WQXQ Virtual Formats LLC, Double D Media, Radio Paradise, RISK!, KIVA, Grateful Dead GDRadio.net, Sports Byline USA, The Leslie Marshall Show, Progressive Voices, WHB 810, WSRadio, PMB Broadcasting, Syndicated Solutions, Inc. and FCCFreeRadio. TuneIn also recently announced alignment with CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, WGN Radio, WOR and the Buckley Radio Group stations, Salem Radio Network and Major League Lacrosse, among others, and has several additional major alliances in the works.
"We are committed to achieving the varied goals of our broadcast partners, whether they're growing their audiences, monetizing their streams or growing their digital footprint," said John Donham, CEO, TuneIn. "Broadcasters have already responded enthusiastically to our current offerings. We will continue to innovate -- as we always have -- to ensure the best experience for broadcasters, and listeners, everywhere."
Listeners can check out their favorite stations and shows from these broadcasters and discover new programming through more than 150 different TuneIn platforms including smartphone apps, connected vehicle dashboards, Internet home entertainment systems and online at www.tunein.com. TuneIn Radio and TuneIn Radio Pro are the only audio apps that have a 4.5 or 5 star rating on every mobile platform, worldwide.
TuneIn lets people listen to the world's music, sports, talk and news from wherever they are, with over 70,000 AM, FM, HD and Internet radio stations and more than two million on-demand programs streaming from every continent. The company's mobile apps are ranked in the top five in the App Store's Music category across 82 countries and territories. The company raised venture funding from Sequoia Capital in late 2010 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif.