MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 21, 2012) - Tintri, Inc., the leading producer of purpose-built, VM-aware storage appliances, today announced that the latest release of its VM-aware storage platform with advanced per-VM cloning and snapshots capabilities is now shipping and already running in production at multiple customer sites. The new release will be driving all of the functionality to be demonstrated in the Tintri booth at the upcoming VMworld 2012 San Francisco exhibition. Tintri will be highlighting a number of specific use cases made more efficient with the new features, including VDI with VMware View, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint and simplified data protection.
Since debuting in March 2011, Tintri VMstore has helped over 100 enterprise customers in more than a dozen countries run a wide range of virtualized production enterprise applications, including databases, analytics and reporting software, Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint and virtual desktops. Tintri recently received full certification from VMware for its implementation of the VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI), which enables ultra-fast, efficient array-side cloning directly from the VMware vSphere Client.
"Our considerable growth in just over 18 months on the market demonstrates there is a clear need for storage that is truly VM-aware," said Kieran Harty, Tintri CEO. "While some vendors may claim they are creating VM-aware storage, they are simply retrofitting general-purpose file systems and ultimately adding another layer of abstraction. This offers customers little improvement compared to standard storage offerings designed almost two decades ago for a vastly different IT environment. Only with truly VM-aware storage designed from the ground up for virtualization and flash can customers truly realize the benefits of VM-level visibility, manageability and performance efficiency."
At VMworld 2012 in San Francisco, Tintri will demonstrate its advanced VM-aware capability, including instant bottleneck visualization, efficient storage provisioning for virtual desktop environments and per-VM cloning and snapshots.
Tintri's customers are using its VM-aware storage appliance to simplify management and reduce operational costs for their virtual environments. "Tintri's per VM cloning and snapshots make our operations extremely efficient. Creating a single clone of even a relatively small VM used to take upwards of 20 minutes, and clones of larger VM's taking many hours," said Rob Girard, Infrastructure Architect at MaplesFS, a leading independent global fund services and fiduciary services provider. "With Tintri, we can create clones almost instantly and the clones take up to 90% less space on disk, letting us reduce our storage footprint significantly."
Tintri customer Northwestern University will be presenting at VMworld discussing their environment in the breakout session, "SPO3291 - Case Study: Networking, Storage and Backup for 1,300+ VMs."
Tintri'sVMworld booth will include demonstrations of:
- Advanced per-VM cloning and snapshots. With Tintri VMstore, administrators can create hundreds of space and performance-efficient snapshots or clones in seconds.
- VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support. Per-VM operations such as cloning can be managed directly from the VMware vSphere Client, streamlining IT operations.
- Support for virtualized enterprise applications, including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft SQL Server with multiple applications running on a single appliance. Tintri customers have successfully virtualized these and other production workloads using the VMstore appliance to achieve predictable, fast performance.
- Support for up to 1,000 VMware View 5.1 virtual desktops on a single Tintri storage appliance. Tintri provides out-of-the-box integration with VMware vSphere and VMware View to provide simple storage management and predictable performance for every VM.
Learn about Tintri at VMworld San Francisco
- Tintri will be exhibiting at VMworld San Francisco in booth 2406. You can also learn more about VM-aware storage and sign up for a VMworld demo at info.tintri.com/revolution.
- Hear from Tintri customer Northwestern University in breakout session "SPO3291 - Case Study: Networking, Storage and Backup for 1,300+ VMs." at 10:30am on Thursday, August 30.
- Visit the Tintri booth for live demos and refreshments during the VMworld "Hall Crawl" from 4:30 to 6:00pm on Tuesday, August 28
- Test drive Tintri's cloning feature by entering Tintri's "Clone & Win" contest at the Tintri booth
About Tintri, Inc.
Designed from the ground-up for flash and virtualization, Tintri's VM-aware storage appliance delivers flash performance at disk prices with intuitive management specifically for VMs. Customers such as Digital Chocolate, iPass, and TIBCO have simplified storage management, increased performance and achieved ROI in as little as 60 days with Tintri for both virtual server and desktop environments. Tintri was co-founded by Dr. Kieran Harty, who was formerly the EVP of Engineering at VMware. Tintri's team also includes senior leaders from Citrix, Data Domain, Google, NetApp and Riverbed. Tintri is a privately held company based in Mountain View, CA, with sales offices in Europe and Asia.