SOURCE: Center for Productive Longevity
BOULDER, CO--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - The Center for Productive Longevity's (CPL) Later-Life Story Contest is now at its mid-way point, with less than seven weeks left to submit a story. This national competition, which was launched June 1, 2012, highlights entrepreneur success stories and inspirational life stories from people 55 and older. The deadline to enter the contest is August 31, 2012, and CPL will announce the two winners on October 1, 2012. Boulder-based CPL serves as the bridge between people 55 and older and opportunities that enable them to continue in productive activities.
A panel of three influential, highly regarded judges will select one winner in each of the following two categories: (1) Entrepreneurship Success Stories and (2) Inspirational Life Stories. The winners will each receive $1,000 and a specially designed trophy. From the entries, CPL will select a variety of entrepreneur success stories to post on its website and publish the stories of the two winners. Here are some tips on what to include in your contest submission:
For the Entrepreneurship Success Stories Category, some optional areas to include:
- Describe your business, the need it fulfills, and the practices that contributed to its success.
- What motivated you to pursue entrepreneurship in this next stage of life?
- What "lessons learned" can you share with Baby Boomers just starting on the entrepreneurial path?
- A full outline of considerations can be found at: www.ctrpl.org/entrepreneurship-success-stories
Entrepreneurship Success Story submissions will be judged on how well they:
- Tell a compelling story.
- Describe an innovative/creative/interesting new business or way of doing business.
- Demonstrate a measurable impact/success.
- Provide practical guidance for overcoming the adversities or obstacles of new-business creation.
- Provide advice for other Baby Boomers starting on the entrepreneurial path as a career after retirement.
A few things to consider when submitting for the Inspirational Life Stories Category:
- In what ways have your later years been extraordinary?
- Did you have "a bucket list" that influenced your decisions?
- What inspirational thoughts and messages can you share with others on making the later years more fulfilling and impactful?
- Additional considerations can be found at: www.ctrpl.org/inspirationallifestories
Inspirational Life Story submissions will be judged on how well they:
- Capture the imagination.
- Describe an extraordinary/creative/innovative later-life story or experiences.
- Inspire the reader to do/learn/experience something new.
- Provide tangible advice for other Baby Boomers working after retirement on making their later years more fulfilling, inspirational and impactful.
To submit a story, visit www.ctrpl.org/laterlifestorycontest and complete a submission form. Entrants must be 55 and older and be willing to have their story posted on the CPL website for viewing and for possible publication. Stories may also be sent to James Hooks at email@example.com.
For more information on CPL and the Later Life Story Contest, visit www.ctrpl.org or Facebook at www.facebook.com/CTRPL.
About the Center for Productive Longevity
The mission of CPL is to stimulate the substantially increased engagement of people 55 and older in productive activities, paid and volunteer, where they are qualified and ready to continue adding value. Visit ctrpl.org for more information. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CTRPL.