LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Aug. 22, 2012) - New home construction experts Barratt have commissioned local school children to create a promotional DVD about their favourite things in Market Harborough.
The short video was made by Farndon Fields Primary School children after they visited the Farndon Fields development on Farndon Road.
The aim is that while homebuying parents are discussing a potential house move, their children can watch the film to see what their potential playmates are up to in the area.
11 pupils took part in the educational project, which is written, edited and presented by the school children themselves and was sponsored by the developers.
Sue Blackman, Sales Director at Barratt Northampton comments, "A sales office can get a bit tiresome for young children who'd rather go out and discover what Market Harborough has to offer them. Having seen the DVD, it's very refreshing and I have to say I think adults will enjoy it as much as children!"
Steve Snelson, Head Teacher at Farndon Fields Primary School, comments, "The pupils that took part in the project thoroughly enjoyed the tour of Farndon Fields and being able to showcase themselves and Market Harborough on the film."
"I'd like to thank Barratt for inviting the school to take part. The skills they've developed are the kind that will help improve their grades in a number of subjects, and hopefully they will take that with them to high school."
On the favoured southern edge of Market Harborough, Farndon Fields on Farndon Road is situated in a great location, adjacent to open countryside yet convenient for both the market town's excellent amenities and attractive nearby villages.
Buying a home with Barratt Homes gives you a great range of one, two, three and four bedroom homes. Prices start from £95,000. For more information please visit the sales office is open 11am-6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. On Thursdays sites are open for an additional hour until 7pm, whilst on Saturday they will be open 10am-5pm and Sunday, 12pm-6pm. Alternatively call the sales hotline on 0844 811 3399 or log on to the website at www.barratthomes.co.uk.
For added peace of mind, buyers can also benefit from Barratt's new five year guarantee on fixtures and fittings in their new home at the time of purchase. Items covered at no extra cost to the buyer will include appliances such as washing machines and refrigerators, kitchen units, wardrobes, the central heating system, fires, doors, windows, drainage, the hot and cold plumbing system and even the driveway.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Barratt Group sold 11,171 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
- Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
- Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the second consecutive year in the 2011 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- In 2011 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record seventh consecutive year.
- Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to offer a warranty on the fixtures and fittings in place at the time of purchase of its new homes for five years.
- Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/barratt/en/media/mediakit/lib.