MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Sept. 24, 2012) - The Quebec Chapter of Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada), an all industry professional association for senior financial executives, is pleased to announce its board of directors for 2012-2013. Carl Gauvreau, the Chapter's president since January 2010, has agreed to continue in this role for the year to come and will work together with the 17 other board directors to support the organization's mission of promoting the senior financial profession in Quebec.
2012-2013 Board of Directors for the Quebec Chapter of FEI Canada:
- Carl Gauvreau, MBA, CPA, CA, President, Gauco inc.
- Catherine Allard, CPA, CA, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Acceo Solutions inc.
- David Anderson, CPA, CA, CMA, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, CGI Group Inc.
- Denis Asselin, CFA, CPA, FCMA, Consultant
- Jean-Paul Beaulieu, MBA, Executive Investment Advisor, Private Investment Advice, TD Waterhouse Canada Inc.
- Ross Corcoran, MBA, Vice President Finance and Chief Financial Officer, Global Railway Industries Ltd.
- Michel G. Gagnon, ICD.D, Vice President, Finance and Business Development, Aluminerie Alouette Inc.
- Marc Godin, MBA, CFA, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Dessau
- Bertrand Lauzon, CFA, CPA, CA, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, BFL Canada
- Alix Mandron, Ph. D., CPA, CGA, Professor, HEC Montréal
- Louis Marcotte, CPA, FCA, Senior Vice President of Strategic distribution, Intact Financial Corporation
- Marie-Josée Marsan, MBA, CPA, CGA, Vice President, Finance & IT, and Chief Financial Officer, Vidéotron.
- Denis Pellerin, CPA, CA, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Lavo Inc.
- Pierre Richard, CPA, CA, ICD.D, Founding President, Virtuapad Inc.
- Claude Samson, MBA, CPA, CA, Vice President Finance, Alstom Hydro North America
- Paul Stinis, MBA, B. Eng, Senior Vice-President and Treasurer, BCE Inc.
- Robert St-Jean, CPA, CA, Chief Financial and Administration Officer, VIA Rail Canada
- Vicky Tumiotto, CBV, CPA, CA
The board of directors of the Quebec Chapter of FEI Canada is a group of volunteer members who firmly believe in the mission of the organization. The Quebec Chapter currently comprises about 180 professionals working in a number of companies that play a significant role in Quebec's economy. Promoting knowledge sharing and skill building for the members with a complete program of events, the Quebec Chapter also organizes an annual Financial Executive Forum; that will take place on November 21, 2012. Moreover, the Chapter also organizes the prestigious competition "The Aces of Finance" that recognizes the contribution of exceptional financial executives in Quebec.
In the upcoming year, the Quebec Chapter has set goals that focus on increasing its visibility as a valuable advisor in matters such as the economy and finance in Quebec. Other objectives include reinforcing and growing the Chapter's presence in the business community and in Quebec's larger economic landscape. This will make the Chapter's role more dynamic and position it as a leading reference for matters relating to finance and entrepreneurship in Quebec.
"The board of directors is looking forward to the next year with enthusiasm and determination," said Carl Gauvreau, President, Quebec Chapter, FEI Canada. "Our shared passion for our profession, economic development and supporting entrepreneurship in Quebec will benefit all members and certainly contribute to FEI's growth."
About Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada)
Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada) or Dirigeants financiers internationaux du Canada (DFI Canada) is the all-industry professional association for senior financial executives. With 11 chapters across Canada and 1,800 members, FEI Canada provides professional development, thought leadership and advocacy services to its members. The Quebec Chapter currently counts 180 members. The association's membership, which consists of chief financial officers, audit committee directors and senior executives in the finance, controller, treasury and taxation functions, represents a significant number of Canada's leading and most influential corporations. Further information can be found at www.feicanada.org.