MORRISVILLE, NC--(Marketwire - Jun 6, 2012) - Mobile broadband solutions company Tekelec received the "Most Innovative Company" recognition from Pipeline's 2012 Innovation Awards. A panel comprised of service providers and industry analysts selected Tekelec as the company that best embraces and promotes innovation throughout its organization.
The multi-national judging panel was comprised of individuals from AT&T, BT, Cox Communications, Intelsat, TELUS, Turkcell, Yota, Software Market Insight (an affiliate of Yankee Group), and New Paradigm Resources Group. Tekelec was also a finalist in the Technical Innovation category, which recognizes companies that develop and leverage emerging technologies.
Tekelec won the Most Innovative Company honor based on its unique ability to help service providers shift from network and device providers to service and content enablers. The company shared its vision for the New Diameter Network, the foundation for a successful mobile data business. The New Diameter Network includes three critical components which communicate using the Diameter protocol: Tekelec's Diameter Signaling Router (DSR), Policy Server and Subscriber Data Management (SDM) database.
The judges also recognized Tekelec for:
- Technical innovation in developing new products in-house, most recently demonstrated by the industry dominance of the DSR with a total of 19 new customers;
- Successfully transforming the company to capture the 3G and LTE mobile data opportunity, vaulted by the dual acquisitions of policy management leader Camiant and SDM pioneer Blueslice Networks in May 2010;
- Market-leading interoperability with other vendors' network equipment;
- Multi-million dollar investments to evolve from a hardware-centric to software-centric business with a highly scalable and reliable middleware platform; and
- Leadership in standards bodies, including the development of the new Sy Diameter interface between policy and charging systems.
"Tekelec has created a truly innovative company and culture," said Scott St. John, executive editor at Pipeline Publishing. "What makes them unique is their ability to recognize and harness new ideas and turn them into innovations that better serve their customers."
"Innovation precedes success. Our mobile data business is rapidly growing as a direct result of our team's creativity and hard work," said Ron de Lange, Tekelec's CEO. "We're grateful that a diverse group of operators and analysts have validated our vision for the New Diameter Network."
New Diameter Network: Managing the Signaling Storm
New Diameter Network: Over-the-Top, Clouds and Machines White Paper
The New Diameter Network White Paper
The Time for Diameter Is Now White Paper
Diameter Signaling Router product brief
Tekelec's intelligent mobile broadband solutions enable service providers to manage and monetize mobile data and evolve to LTE and IMS. We are the architects of the new Diameter network, the foundation for session, policy and subscriber data management. More than 300 service providers use our market-leading solutions to deliver cloud, machine-to-machine and personalized services to consumers and enterprises. For more information visit www.tekelec.com.