OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - July 12, 2012) - During your summer vacation this year, will you be visiting any of Canada's cities, national parks, or world-class tourist destinations, or will you be enjoying the simple pleasure of lounging by the local pool? Wherever your summer vacation takes you, make sure your benefit payment or income tax refund cheque doesn't sit in your mailbox while you're away. Sign up now for direct deposit!
Benefits of direct deposit
- Using direct deposit means you will get your money faster.
- There is no need to worry about having to be home to receive your cheques or making a trip to the bank to deposit them, since they will be automatically deposited into your account at a Canadian financial institution.
- Direct deposit is secure-there's no risk that your payments will be lost or delayed.
- Your payments will always be on time, and you can start using the money or earning interest right away.
Join the thousands of taxpayers, benefit recipients, and businesses that have already made the switch to quick and easy benefit payments, tax refunds, and tax credits.
For more information or to sign up for direct deposit, go to www.cra.gc.ca/directdeposit.
To receive updates when new information is added to our Web site:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter - @CanRevAgency.
- Subscribe to a CRA electronic mailing list.
- Add our RSS feeds to your feed reader.
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for tax-related videos.