DALLAS, TX--(Marketwire - Oct 18, 2012) - T-System, Inc. today announced the six winners of its third annual T-System Client Excellence Awards, chosen from more than 1,900 facilities nationwide that have implemented its emergency care solutions. The award recognizes hospitals and primary and urgent care clinics that have partnered with T-System most effectively to improve their quality of patient care, operational processes and financial results.
"T-System applauds these six healthcare organizations for exhibiting vision, drive and extraordinary commitment leveraging our emergency medicine solutions to achieve a higher level of coordinated care, an improved patient experience and health reform compliance," said Sunny Sanyal, T-System chief executive officer. "The winners have made remarkable contributions in their individual communities and in the emergency care industry."
The award recipients are:
- Baptist Health (Louisville, Ky.) - winner for Multi-Stakeholder Impact with an EDIS: The organization skillfully executed electronic health record (EHR) implementations at five emergency departments (EDs) in 12 weeks. In 2011, Baptist successfully attested to Stage 1 Meaningful Use with The T SystemEV® to obtain $13 million in federal stimulus funding. Additionally, the health system's five EDs decreased the patient length of stay by 6 percent and the admit decision to disposition time by 21 percent on average.
- Commonwealth Health Corporation (Bowling Green, Ky.) - winner for Bottom Line Transformation: After implementing recommendations made from the RevCycle+™ coding optimization service, this client achieved a 28 percent overall increase in reimbursement at three ED locations, despite patient volume remaining relatively flat.
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Kearney, Neb.) - winner for Community Health Leadership: Also a 2010 T-System Client Excellence Award winner for Nursing Care Efficiency, the Good Samaritan Hospital ED is recognized once again. The ED is spearheading a project to reduce alcohol-related trauma and abuse by documenting on T Sheets® the time and location of a patient's most recent alcohol consumption. The ED's collaboration with local law enforcement and community agencies will identify and raise awareness of establishments that serve alcohol to minors or over serve patrons.
- NetMD Business (Livonia, Mich.) - winner for ED Risk Mitigation: In addition to improving revenue with RevCycle+ coding services, NetMD Business developed a risk management program that audits physician documentation with T Sheets to provide objective peer review and targeted education and training. Anticipated benefits and outcomes of the program include improved physician documentation, patient satisfaction and opportunities for increased reimbursement, which is expected to reduce medical malpractice.
- Hardin Memorial Health (Elizabethtown, Ky.) - winner for Superior Patient Volume Management: Three months after going live with T SystemEV, Hardin Memorial Health reported substantial success with key performance indicators. With 100 percent physician adoption, the ED decreased its average door-to-room time by 22 percent (45 minutes to 35 minutes) and the average length of stay by 13 percent (216 minutes to 187 minutes).
- Dosher Memorial Hospital (Southport, N.C.) - winner for Rapid Process Improvement with an EDIS: This critical access community hospital successfully used reporting and analytics tools to streamline ED processes and improve clinical documentation. In addition, the hospital used T SystemEV to monitor its key performance indicators to improve patient care and benchmark its performance.
As part of the 2012 Client Excellence Awards program, T-System will make a donation to a hospital foundation or charity on behalf of each organization. Winners will also receive a commemorative plaque and special recognition at the 2013 T-System linkED emergency care conference.
T-System, Inc. advances the practice of emergency medicine with solutions proven to solve clinical, financial, operational and regulatory challenges for hospitals and urgent care clinics. Approximately 40 percent of the nation's emergency departments leverage T-System solutions to provide an unmatched patient experience. Through gold-standard documentation, revenue cycle management, and performance-enhancing solutions, T-System optimizes care delivery from the front door through discharge and beyond. Today, more than 1,900 facilities rely on T-System solutions. For more information, visit www.tsystem.com. Follow @TSystem on Twitter, or become a T-System fan on Facebook.