TORONTO--(Marketwire - Oct 18, 2012) - Most PR and marketing professionals understand the potential that social media offers for their organization's overall success, but they may not know the steps they need to take to create their own positive online brand reputation. A new tip sheet from Sysomos, "8 Ways to Build Your Brand Using Social Media," outlines eight major components that form the foundation of a positive online brand reputation. The tip sheet gives practical advice to marketers who are new to branding and corporate communications using social media and provides easy-to-understand and quick-to-implement tips for making their brands more social.
- 84 percent of global brand executives feel their brand's sociability is not up to world-class brand standards.
- A social media "voice" must match a brand's personality and reflect an organization's values, visual style and brand identity.
- Not all social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest) are suited to all companies; an organization must focus its efforts on those that suit its product and message and best address the needs of its customers and stakeholders.
- A social media community manager plays a critical role in creating, growing and managing an organization's online presence and can help avoid common mistakes.
- Negative reviews and feedback should never be deleted because responding to them opens the door for online marketing opportunities; by providing valuable feedback, an organization can improve its brand's reputation if it is willing to acknowledge mistakes and learn from them.
"8 Ways to Build Your Brand Using Social Media" is part of a series of Sysomos tip sheets published through the end of the year to help marketers leverage social media and advance their businesses. The next tip sheet, "Generating Leads through the Social Web," is expected to be published in early November.
Download a free copy of "8 Ways to Build Your Brand Using Social Media."
Sysomos, a Marketwire company, brings business intelligence to social media, providing instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations to quickly see what's happening, why it's happening, and who's driving the conversations.
Through the use of contextual text analytics and data mining technology, Sysomos collects data from blogs, Twitter, social networks, forums, video sites and major new sources.
Our products give you the ability to quickly discover the tone of the conversations and identify sentiment by gender, age and location.