SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 31, 2012) - SportStream, the social sports experience that delivers fans the first true second-screen for watching their favorite games, today announced support for NFL and College football. The updated app supports all NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivison teams, as well as each and every NFL game. Football fans now have everything needed -- friends, followers, curated social media streams, real-time stats, chat and more -- to get in the conversation around live games, talk trash and support their teams.
"Last year's Super Bowl triggered as many as 12,000 tweets per second and ended up with over 13 million tweets, making it impossible for fans to find the information they want while sifting through the endless noise of advertisement and half-time show debates," said Bob Morgan, co-founder, SportStream. "With more social activity than any other sport, and a true hunger for in-game information due to die-hards and fantasy football fanatics alike, we're really excited about the experience SportStream will deliver football fans this year."
In addition to football support, SportStream's in-app integration with Are you Watching This?! (RUWT) assists in solving the weekly problem of what's the best game to watch. SportStream with RUWT provides fans with a wicked smart robot that watches every play of every game -- and alerts users to games that are getting hot or epic.
Over the last several years, watching sports has changed dramatically; it has shifted from a passive experience to an interactive format enhanced by additional screens and the rise of social platforms. SportStream combines the best of both worlds -- delivering curated social media content so fans see what matters and can chime in (or talk trash) with other fans. The company is backed by $3.5 million in Series A funding from Seattle Seahawks and Portland Trail Blazer owner Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
- Personalized recommendations based on the teams and athletes you follow on Twitter or Facebook;
- Social media streams, featuring only relevant content to the game the user is watching;
- Slick in-app integration with Are you Watching This?! indicates which games are the most exciting, making sure SportStream users never miss the best action;
- Sophisticated semantic engine automatically identifies and tracks influential Twitter personalities, bloggers, sports journalists, teams, players, Facebook friends and fans;
- Real-time stats, scoring summary and play-by-play information with social integration making it easier than ever to back up your trash talk;
- Tweet directly from the SportStream UberStream including the ability to reply, retweet and favorite tweets;
- Dynamic suggested hashtags for every game. Add game, teams and league hashtags with just a tap;
- Easy method of inviting friends and followers to any game with one tap;
- A clean, intuitive and attractive UI that makes watching a truly social and interactive experience.
SportStream is available in the App Store and can be download at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sportstream/id530282846?mt=8. Future platforms will be made available soon.
SportStream is the in-game fan experience that sports fans have been waiting for. It is the first true second-screen experience for watching sports, with real-time stats, social media streams, chats and access to relevant content surfaced through social media. SportStream is backed by Vulcan Capital and based in San Francisco, California.