LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 13, 2011) - SOA Software, a leading Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and cloud services Governance provider, announced today the availability of Atmosphere, the industry's first true enterprise-ready API Management solution.
Enterprises are making business applications available as APIs to drive business growth and expose new opportunities. As a result APIs are reshaping the business landscape as dramatically as the rush to create an Internet presence with a web site did in the late 90s. APIs are becoming the primary way that businesses interact with their customers, reach new markets, and provide the global app development community with the tools to deliver business capabilities to customers.
Atmosphere provides a secure, robust platform that companies can use to share their APIs with the growing developer community. Atmosphere manages, monitors and secures APIs ensuring that companies' APIs deliver the level of service customers and partners require; the security of corporate and customer information and assets; and the integrity of the corporate brand.
"Finally, the growing maturity of enterprise service-oriented architecture (SOA) initiatives makes public API projects more likely," said Eric Knipp, Gartner Research Director.
Atmosphere is the industry's first true enterprise-ready API Management solution. Atmosphere is:
- Production-proven -- Atmosphere leverages SOA Software's experience in meeting the needs of demanding production environments in many US Fortune 1000 companies
- Hybrid deployment capable -- Atmosphere API Management solutions can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud to meet business requirements or regulations that mandate businesses guarantee the security and privacy of customer data
- App-centric -- Atmosphere provides sophisticated yet simple security capabilities that allow API providers to control and monitor app's usage of their APIs
- Policy-driven -- Atmosphere defines all security and quality-of-service through centrally managed policies, ensuring consistency between multiple API implementations and versions
- Flexible -- Atmosphere allows customers to define and manage their APIs using a wide range of messaging types and formats including REST/XML, REST/JSON and SOAP. It allows customers to create an API with multiple interfaces using different standards with no extra development effort
- SOA enabled -- In addition to exposing new capabilities, customers can leverage Atmosphere to harness existing investments in web services and enterprise SOA, presenting these capabilities in new ways
"Atmosphere represents an important breakthrough in the way that enterprises leverage APIs to create new business opportunities by reaching a growing developer community," said Alistair Farquharson, SOA Software chief technology officer. "It is the first truly enterprise-ready solution, offering customers the robust, flexible capabilities they require for large-scale use."
The Atmosphere product capabilities include:
- API definition, content, policy and lifecycle management to ensure that APIs are correctly structured and well documented with integration with internal design and development processes
- Intermediation to simplify the creation of RESTful APIs with both XML and JSON content from various internal service types with powerful paging and caching to improve app performance
- Sophisticated security capabilities to help protect the APIs from abuse and ensure the privacy of customer data
- Comprehensive QoS management (SLAs and quotas) to protect internal applications from overload at the API and to provide customers with service-level guarantee
- Extensive consumer contract monitoring and management of traffic from individual apps
- Integrated sandbox, testing and debugging capabilities to simplify the delivery of high-quality APIs
For more information, please visit us at http://atmosphere.soa.com.
Follow SOA Software at the following websites:
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of unified SOA and cloud services governance products that enable organizations to plan, build, and run cloud and enterprise services and PaaS applications. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software solutions to transform their business. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
SOA Software, Atmosphere, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Repository Manager, Service Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc. All other product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.