SOURCE: Business Benefits Insurance
ANDOVER, MA--(Marketwire - Sep 21, 2012) - Small businesses that must cope with a daunting morass of employment, benefits and human resources rules now can get comprehensive help from a free Web portal offered through Business Benefits Insurance (BBI) in Andover, Mass.
The portal is easier to use and more comprehensive than other HR and benefits portals, according to BBI president Jim Edholm.
"It can save employers money, help them improve operations and help keep them from inadvertently violating federal and state laws and regulations," Edholm says.
The portal, called YourFutureOffice, covers five core disciplines.
- The employee benefit rules section covers COBRA, ERISA, FLMA, HIPAA, cafeteria plans and related topics and includes many downloadable forms.
- Employment law rules covers topics such as discrimination, harassment, employee rights, general employment law, unions, and state compliance.
- Human resources rules covers HR management, forms, employee retention, employment law, compensation and employee communications. This section looks at all HR-related issues and gives guidance on how to run a successful human resource management function.
- Compensation rules offers information on how to pay and classify workers properly. It also contains executive compensation, job-description tools, performance-appraisal assistance, and federal and state wage and hour rules.
- Employee communications includes communication materials employers can give to their employees so they can understand their benefits.
The portal is free to BBI clients as part of its no-extra-cost package of services.
Business Benefits Insurance (www.bbibenefits.com) of Andover, Mass., has been guiding Massachusetts employers to cost-effective benefit selection and design for more than a quarter century. BBI specializes in group insurance programs for employers with up to 250 employees.