SOURCE: Ashley Furniture HomeStore
ARCADIA, WI--(Marketwire - Feb 11, 2013) - Often overlooked for much of the year, your formal dining room space may be more reminiscent of an office rather than a romantic bistro-style setting for two. More often than not, dining room tables double as a place to stash bills, keys, unfinished projects, or just some extra dust.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore has some easy ways to add a little spice back into your Valentine's Day by helping you create the ultimate spot for a romantic dinner for two.
"One of the simplest ways to bring excitement and romance into your everyday space is to change it up a bit," says Brenda Dillon, VP of Merchandising. "Instead of just the same old dining room, add some ambiance and a little something unexpected for your partner to discover."
Here are five ways to create a new look quickly:
1. Change the configuration of your dining room. If you have a plant in one corner, move it to the other corner. Move around your wall art. If you have a large table, remove the leaf to create a more intimate space -- or if you don't have a leaf, get rid of the extra chairs. Consider purchasing a couple of beautiful chair covers, which add an instant splash of style. Add some interesting accessories. Anything you can do to change the look of your room will go a long way.
2. Nix the unflattering lights. If you have dimmers, set them to the lowest light possible. If you don't have dimmers and can't afford new lighting, unscrew some of the bulbs. Be sure to use plenty of candles on the table and throughout your home to set the tone for romance. No need to be "matchy matchy" with the candles. Different sizes, heights, colors, etc. add a fun, eclectic look.
3. Toss the placemats. Instead, dress up your table in pretty linens and napkins. Top it off with your best place settings, and wine or champagne glasses (even if you're only drinking sparkling cider!).
4. Create a centerpiece. You don't need to spend extra money to make your table the center of attention. Pick some fresh flowers and put them in a pretty vase. Find three or four clear glass jars, fill them with red and pink candies and place them around a dinner candle. Find a cake stand with a glass cover and fill it full of flower petals.
5. Don't stress over the meal. This is not the time to stress out over a new recipe. Stick with a tried and true favorite, a simple spaghetti dinner with a few breadsticks, or just order some Chinese takeout (just be sure to toss the boxes and put it in your prettiest dishes).
To learn more about the latest decorating trends, or to browse the hottest new furniture collections and accessories, visit AshleyFurnitureHomeStore.com.
About Ashley Furniture HomeStore
Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 furniture retailer in the United States, delivers quality, affordable furniture to customers at over 450 independently owned and operated locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Japan. Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an exclusive provider of furniture from Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc., the largest furniture manufacturer in the United States. "Like" Ashley Furniture HomeStore on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, or see their design-focused boards on Pinterest.