REDWOOD CITY, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 13, 2012) -
- New and Enhanced Products Extend Successful IT Process Orchestration Strategy Beyond Development, into Operations and IT Front Office
- Orchestrated IT Strategy Rejects Rip-and-Replace, Integrates Existing Tools into Process-Driven Human Workflow
- The Industry's Most Complete DevOps Solution Meets the Needs of the CIO for Faster Application Delivery, Better Application Support and Lower IT Costs
Serena Software today announced new and significantly enhanced offerings that automate, control and instrument the most important application development and operations processes to deliver true DevOps and Orchestrated IT. Serena defines Orchestrated IT as IT management systems that tie together existing tools into a process-driven human workflow. Orchestrated IT streamlines processes to deliver applications faster, improve IT service performance and lower overall IT costs.
"Enterprise IT organizations that are forward-leaning and stocked with an abundance of tools need Orchestrated IT to improve the performance of the end-to-end IT supply chain, without throwing out what is working," commented John Nugent, president and CEO at Serena Software. "Serena has arrived as a strategic advisor to CIOs, first with process orchestration within Dev, and now extending this success to Ops and the IT front office, including the CIO and the CIO's lieutenants. The positive industry response to Orchestrated IT parallels the strong results our customers are already enjoying."
Maximizing the value of Orchestrated IT often involves deploying new functional tools where none currently exists or upgrading from cumbersome or expensive legacy tools, though this is optional. Orchestrated IT spans Dev and Ops, offering particular benefit to the burgeoning DevOps function. Serena's vision and solutions now also extend into IT front office functions such as service catalog, demand management and IT management dashboarding.
Dramatizing the Orchestrated IT Experience
Yesterday, Serena proudly premiered Doug Serena, CIO, a realistic web-video miniseries that follows a savvy CIO as he reaps the benefits of Orchestrated IT to deliver massive economic advantage to his company. The first webisode of Doug Serena, CIO can be viewed at Serena.com/DougSerenaCIO, with all new webisodes to follow weekly through March and into April. Viewers can also follow Doug's tweets at @DougSerenaCIO.
Introducing the Industry's Most Complete Orchestrated IT Solution Set
Additions to Serena's Orchestrated IT solution set include Serena Demand Manager, Serena Requirements Manager and the Serena Orchestrated IT Dashboard. Major new releases of Serena Service Manager, Serena Release Manager, Serena Request Center, Serena Development Manager and the Serena Business Manager platform further strengthen Serena's solution set.
NEW Serena Orchestrated IT Dashboard
The new Serena Orchestrated IT Dashboard brings actionable intelligence to the head of Dev, the head of Ops and to their boss, the CIO. The Orchestrated IT Dashboard provides almost two dozen pre-defined metrics like cycle times, queue sizes, wait times and SLA performance. Super simple configuration makes it easy to draw even more metrics from Serena and non-Serena IT management tools, focusing on Key Performance Indicators and traceability metrics.
NEW Serena Demand Manager
The new Serena Demand Manager provides a breakthrough facility for deftly prioritizing all IT work, presenting alternative portfolio scenarios and optimizing resources to fulfill any type of IT demand. Serena Demand Manager's pragmatic and highly intuitive interface represents fresh innovation in a stale IT governance market that has been hijacked by heavyweight PPM systems.
Serena Demand Manager offers:
- An orchestrated approval process to dramatically streamline prioritization, scoring and resource estimation of all IT requests;
- Executive views to help assess the real effort and costs for all demand, as well as determine the optimal portfolio of IT projects;
- Automated time capture to help increase IT productivity and improve the accuracy of IT costs.
UPDATED Serena Service Manager
Recently awarded Pink Elephant's IT Service Management (ITSM) Innovation of the year award, Serena Service Manager is the only ITSM offering on the market today that leverages a process-based approach to tackling the current challenges around flexibility, visibility and usability inherent in legacy ITSM solutions. The new Serena Service Manager 3 packs innovative features that further strengthen DevOps, foster greater collaboration around issue resolution and aid service level management.
Serena Service Manager 3 offers:
- Integrated ITSM and Release Management resulting in fewer failed changes;
- Service Level Agreements tracking to help identify at-risk targets and speed corrective action;
- Innovative application version comparison to enable fail-proof ITSM upgrades.
NEW Serena Requirements Manager
Serena Requirements Manager debuts as an integrated suite and provides enterprise IT organizations comprehensive capabilities to define and manage requirements, from initial prototype to production release, reducing rework, accelerating development and ensuring complete requirements traceability.
Serena Requirements Manager offers:
- Out-of-the-box dashboard metrics and best-practice KPIs for higher quality requirements;
- Requirements collaboration capabilities for business stakeholders, enabling accelerated review cycles;
- Orchestrated processes for prototype and requirements specification reviews to ensure continuous alignment between IT and the business.
UPDATED Serena Release Manager
The "industry first solution" for application release management, Serena Release Manager 2.0 strikes another industry first with its orchestration with Serena Service Manager. Being the only release management offering on the market today that leverages a process-based approach, it also is unique in providing one window to automate and control the release processes and deployments for mainframe and distributed platforms. The new Serena Release Manager solution is the bridge between Dev and Ops and leverages integrations with Serena Service Manager to achieve true DevOps collaboration.
Serena Release Manager 2 offers:
- Release Calendar shared with Serena Service Manager for scheduling operational and development changes into a common calendar and improving synergies between Dev and Ops;
- Integration with Serena Orchestrated IT Dashboard to present release management KPIs and provide efficient reporting;
- Improved release environment visibility arming Dev and Ops with the ability to track and manage release packages at the environment level.
Pricing and Availability
Serena Orchestrated IT Dashboard, Serena Service Manager 3 and Serena Release Manager 2 are available now. Serena Demand Manager and Serena Requirements Manager will be available in Spring 2012. Pricing for Serena's Orchestrated IT solutions starts at $12,500 for 250 users.
Tweet this: Serena launches Orchestrated IT. Speeds up IT processes, leverages existing tools, supports #DevOps, #ITIL + #Agile http://bit.ly/zrfP4e
About Serena Software
Serena Software provides Orchestrated IT solutions to the Global 2000. Serena's mission is to help enterprises orchestrate their IT operations for tremendous competitive advantage. Its 4,000 active enterprise customers, encompassing almost one million users worldwide, have made Serena the largest independent ALM vendor and are now using Serena to orchestrate IT service management and other vital processes. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Serena serves enterprise customers from 29 offices in 14 countries. Serena is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, the leader in private investments in technology-enabled industries. For more information on Serena, visit http://www.serena.com.