SOURCE: Questex Media Group
June 09, 2010 09:53 ET
Sensors Announces Winners of the 2010 "Best of Sensors Expo" Awards
Best of Breed Solutions Are at the Forefront of Innovation
ROSEMONT, IL--(Marketwire - June 9, 2010) - SENSORS Magazine announced the recipients of the Sensors 2010 "Best of Sensors Expo" Awards, honoring the most exciting new products on display at Sensors Expo & Conference, taking place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
Melanie Martella, Executive Editor of Sensors, presented gold, silver, bronze, and honorable mention awards to 12 exhibitors in four categories: Sensors; Sensor Components; Technologies; and Data Acquisition Products. Exhibitors submitted new product nominations and entries were judged on the basis of potential impact, application, distinctiveness, timeliness, and availability.
In addition to Martella, this year's panel of judges comprised Ed Ramsden from Lattice Semiconductor, and Deb Lickness and Bruce Upchurch from John Deere.
"All of the nominations demonstrated exceptional innovation, integration, and ease-of-use and all of them addressed real needs. We believe this year's winners will be leaders in the sensors marketplace and offer our congratulations to the companies recognized," said Martella. The following is a list of award recipients.
- Cymbet Corp., in the Sensor Components category, for the EnerChip Energy Processor, Model CBC915-ACA
- Diversified Technical Systems (DTS) Inc., in the Data Acquisition Products category, for its TSR shock recorder
- Larson Davis Div., PCB Piezotronics Inc. in the Sensors category, for its VibTrack HAV vibration dosimeter
- Yokogawa Corp. in the Data Acquisition Products category, for its DL850 ScopeCorder
- Analog Devices Inc. in the Sensors category, for the ADIS16223 iSensor digital triaxial vibration sensor
- MicroStrain Inc. in the Sensors category, for the EH-Link Model 6320-0000 hybrid energy harvesting wireless sensor node
- FLIR Systems Inc. in the Sensors category, for the Tau 640 high-resolution uncooled thermal camera
- Arveni, in the Technologies category, for its ARxx Series Microgenerator mechanical energy harvester
- Intex Inc. in the Sensor Components category, for its INT20-1000 high-power pulsable IR source
- Libelium in the Data Acquisition Products category, for its Waspmote open-source wireless sensor networking mote
- Micro-Hybrid GmbH, in the Sensors category, for its PSx200X high-temperature pyroelectric detector
- Perpetuum Ltd., in the Technologies category, for its PMG Free-Standing Harvester (FSH), Model PMG FSH60x2 electromagnetic vibration energy harvester
Best of Sensors Expo award winners will be featured on the Sensors Web site at www.sensorsmag.com.
Sensors is the authority for smart design, applications and networks. Sensors provides focused news in the markets where sensor and related technologies are applied as part of a company or organization's business and competitive strategy: Electronics & Computers, Machine Manufacturing, Process Industries, Automotive, Aerospace/Military/Homeland Security, Specialty Markets: Medical Devices, Engineering/Architectural, R+D, Wireless Networking & M2M, and more. For more information, visit www.sensorsmag.com.
About Sensors Expo & Conference
Sensors Expo & Conference is the leading sensor event in North America exclusively focusing on sensors and sensor-integrated systems. The conference program is dedicated to exploring the most up-to-date innovations in sensor technology including physical sensors, sensor networks, biosensors, MEMS/nanotechnology, instrumentation & controls, intelligent systems, machine-to-machine communication, wireless sensing and IT technology. For more information visit www.sensorsexpo.com.
About Questex Media Group, Inc.
Sensors Expo & Conference and Sensors Magazine are owned and operated by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA. The company's media properties include over 100 print and digital media publications, 45 conferences, tradeshows and events, as well as a range of research, data and information products. The company's combined operations include more than 400 employees in offices throughout North America, South America, Asia and Europe.