TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 27, 2012) -
Attention: News, Lifestyle & Leisure, Family, Travel & Tourism, Community News, Hospitality, Food & Beverage Editors
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
We'll ditch our school bags, our books we'll forget; let's grab our swim trunks 'cause it's time to get wet! This Friday, June 28th another school year comes to an end, as kids go home for the summer, families across Canada are eager to find activities to enjoy together. The Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites (TDV) has plenty to offer as it reinvigorates the traditional 'staycation' with new VIP perks, renovated facilities and urban amenities, including monthly indoor and outdoor pool memberships.
"Summertime means the kids are at home and bursting with energy; mom and dad might still be working but are looking for ways to spend quality family time. It's an ongoing struggle to find that balance, so more and more Canadians are looking for simple, easy 'staycation' ideas," says Kevin Porter, General Manager, Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites. "With the increasing desire for 'staycations', the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites is committed to providing a cost-effective way to stay and play with the family. Surrounded by the tranquil Don Valley Park, our newly renovated facilities offer the perfect background for an urban getaway, while remaining close to popular Toronto tourist attractions."
Get your Staycation on!
Staycations gained popularity in the late 2000s (during the economic downfall), as costs are usually minimal and can include daytrips, dining, local attractions and more. Staycations offer local adventures without the added stress associated with travel, such as packing, long drives or waits at the airport. Recent studies have found two-thirds of Canadian families will travel within Canada this summer, due to its affordability and convenience.
Staycation? Stay Safe!
- Research activities for every family member; spending an afternoon in the pool is fun for everyone!
- Parents put away the smartphone; it may be a local vacation, but try not to let work interfere.
- Expand your palate! Staying local makes it easy to frequent favourite restaurants, but treat your taste buds and try new places with a variety of cuisines.
- Keep an eye on the weather. Always have a back-up plan; indoor pools and museums are perfect!
- Stay on budget. Staycations should be cost-effective; plan daily budgets and stick to them.
- Get walking! Instead of taking the car, find destinations with local paths and visit local bakeries, shops and neighbourhood restaurants... or even pack a picnic, but don't forget to pack the sunblock!
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of cool liquids, especially water, before you feel thirsty to decrease your risk of dehydration.
An Urban Staycation Retreat: Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Get the best of both worlds with the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites (TDV). Located a convenient 10 minutes from Toronto's downtown core, enjoy the proximity to tourist attractions without sacrificing the tranquility of a family retreat. The unique urban oasis offers amenities to satisfy every member of your family:
- Play with the kids at the nearby Ontario Science Centre or Toronto Zoo, or check out the view from the world's tallest freestanding tower, CN Tower. Special TDV room rates and family packages available at www.torontodonvalleyhotel.com.
- Take the whole family out for a hike through the Don Mills trail or enjoy the stunning floral displays at Edwards Garden.
- Dads, moms or executives alike can work on their swing and play a round on the fairway at the nearby Don Valley Golf Course (located five minutes from the TDV).
- Food connoisseurs will wet their appetites with the diversity of cuisine in the neighbourhood, such as Fabbrica, an authentic Italian restaurant featuring an old-style, wood-burning brick oven from Naples; award-winning French restaurant, Auberge du Pommier; exotic Middle Eastern cuisine at Tabule Restaurant; and much more. And don't forget to try the hotels' mouth-watering new menu at DV Bar Bistro.
- Have a flare for fashion and an eye for runway trends? Shops at Don Mills is the answer for every fashionista looking to make a statement.
- Looking to get away from the downtown bustle? TDV offers a zen atmosphere, designed to reflect the hotels' four signature elements: Unique, Urban-Efficiency, Local and Oasis. From the colours and furniture, to the ultra-modern technology capturing the contemporary lifestyle and connectivity expected by today's generation, guests will feel refreshed and revived the moment they are greeted by staff. And they can stay busy all summer at the newly renovated indoor and outdoor pools, gym facilities, sauna and hot tub amenities with memberships starting as low as $49-$69 per month.
Taking pride in Toronto's renowned diverse cultures, legendary hospitality, and chic urban personality, TDV inspires the perfect space for rest, reflection and renewal.
About the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites
Designed as Toronto's first boutique urban resort, the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites is a full-service hotel and meeting place designed to restore, relax and reinvigorate. The Toronto hotel features 353 elegantly appointed guest rooms, a restaurant led by award-winning Canadian celebrity chef and host of Food Network Canada's The Main and judge on Family Cook-Off Anthony Sedlak, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, steam room, sauna, fitness room, meeting facilities, activity desk, and airport shuttle, and more.
For more information, visit: www.torontodonvalleyhotel.com.
'Like' TDV at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toronto-Don-Valley-Hotel-Suites/141225265906418.
'Follow' TDV at: www.twitter.com/TorontoDVHotel.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20120626-torontodonvalleyhotel800.jpg.