SOURCE: Riverbed Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 21, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced it will participate at Velocity 2012 taking place June 25-27 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif. The Velocity Conference is the web performance industry's leading event at which web performance and operations professionals gather to learn from peers, exchange ideas with experts and share best practices. At the conference, Riverbed® will showcase its Stingray™ product family, a software-based application delivery controller (ADC) that delivers load balancing and offload as well as an accelerated user experience, scalable cloud utilization, and reliability expected from web and cloud-based applications.
- With this week's launch of Stingray Traffic Manager 9.0, Riverbed redefined the role of the ADC by releasing the industry's first ADC integrated with comprehensive web content optimization (WCO). Stingray 9.0 is able to further enhance the user experience, increase developer productivity, and accelerate business transactions.
- To support application development, end user training and proof of concept projects, Riverbed also introduced the free Stingray Developer Edition, which allows application and operations professionals to download Stingray software at no cost for developers' use. To obtain a free developer license, please download it here: http://www.riverbed.com/stingray/
- Conference attendees can visit the Riverbed booth #111 to obtain a free developer license.
- During the conference, Riverbed will host a Developer Happy Hour on Tuesday, June 26th from 3:30 - 4:30 pm at the Riverbed booth #111.
"The explosion of website content, syndicated and dynamic information has created a challenge for companies that need to provide superior website performance. As every eCommerce website owner knows, asking your customer to wait is asking them to leave. Riverbed recognizes the challenges businesses face, and our newest solution helps companies conquer them by providing the ultimate website experience with scalability, security and web acceleration integrated into one tool. O'Reilly's Velocity conference is a great venue to showcase industry innovations throughout the year, including Stingray 9.0. In its fifth year, Velocity has grown from a few hundred people to more than two thousand attendees, demonstrating the importance of web performance and the growth and strength of this industry."
- Ed Robinson, general manager, Web Content Optimization, Riverbed
Additional Stingray Product Family Resources
- Follow Stingray 9.0 chatter on twitter using #RiverbedStingray
- Learn more about Stingray 9.0 by watching an intro video, product demo, and podcast at http://rvbd.ly/stingray90-news
Additional Riverbed Resources
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, statements regarding performance results of Riverbed's solutions that may suggest likely or certain outcomes, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on April 30, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.