SOURCE: Riverbed Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 20, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced its participation at VMworld 2012, taking place August 26-30, 2012, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. VMworld, the IT industry's largest virtualization and cloud computing event, will provide attendees with the tools and training needed to master the new cloud landscape. At the conference, Riverbed® (booth #723) will demonstrate with VMware integrated solutions for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), software-defined networks (SDN), and cloud environments. As enterprises evolve by adopting hybrid clouds and virtualized environments, Riverbed is uniquely positioned to enable efficient acceleration, monitoring, and management of these environments.
- Riverbed is deepening its existing relationship with VMware with the showcase of product integration previews at VMworld. The deepening partnership provides enterprises the ability to increase application performance, deliver applications faster, enable consolidation, and provide enterprise-wide network and application visibility while reducing costs. The demonstrations and solution previews will show attendees how to:
- Achieve LAN performance for remote and branch office VDI
- Improve optimization, visibility, and management of virtualized data centers and SDNs
- Provision and scale high-performing applications faster in the cloud
- Riverbed will co-present with VMware in three breakout sessions during VMworld. Please consult the conference guide for current date location and times.
- In a session titled "vCloud Networking: An Extensible and Open Platform," Jess Leroy, senior director of product management at Riverbed, will discuss the role of wide area network (WAN) optimization in virtual data centers, automated provisioning of WAN services, and automated lifecycle management. The session will take place on Tuesday, August 28 from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. and on Wednesday, August 29 from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- During the "Troubleshooting and Monitoring Virtual Networks" session, Dimitri Vlachos, senior director of marketing and products for Cascade at Riverbed, will provide an overview and demonstration of new capabilities for optimizing, monitoring, and troubleshooting virtual data centers. The session will take place Tuesday, August 28 from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- In the session "New Solutions for Enabling Remote and Branch Office Deployments with VMware View," Avinash Shetty, product manager at Riverbed, will present and demonstrate how new solutions enable desktop implementations to be extended to all of your branch locations, even when the branch is disconnected from the corporate data center. The session will take place Wednesday, August 29 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- The showcase of demonstrations build on the Riverbed and VMware partnership with the following announcements made within the last year:
- Riverbed WAN optimization solutions accelerate VMware vSphere® Replication to enable enterprises to improve business continuity (BC) and disaster recovery (DR) by addressing the challenges of replicating data in cloud and virtualized environments.
- A partnership with Teradici, the developer of the innovative PC-over-IP® (PCoIP®) protocol, will address IT infrastructure performance for VMware View™ environments.
- Riverbed WAN optimization solutions combined with VMware vCloud Connector accelerate virtual machines moving between clouds -- private, public and hybrid. This enables cloud service providers to maximize their cloud computing offerings by empowering their customers to utilize their existing IT investments.
- Virtual Cascade Shark provides enterprises with continuous packet capture and performance analysis in virtual environments for real-time visibility needed to manage and troubleshoot application performance in VMware ESX environments.
"Cloud computing and virtualization are driving a whole new and complex set of performance challenges. VMworld gives us a chance to show how we are working with VMware to bring the proven Riverbed performance acceleration to the cloud." -- Eric Wolford, executive vice president at Riverbed
"Riverbed and VMware have a history of collaboration that enables organizations to maximize the value of cloud and virtualized IT environments. Working together, Riverbed and VMware are able to ensure performance throughout the enterprise as organizations increasingly rely on virtualization in the cloud, and in their data centers, desktops, and applications." -- Venugopal Pai, vice president, global alliances at Riverbed
More than 19,000 organizations worldwide depend on Riverbed to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT infrastructure through solutions that overcome performance issues caused by distance, distributed computing, and ever increasing amounts of data. As IT organizations embark on strategic initiatives to virtualize, consolidate and migrate workloads into cloud environments, users are moved farther from their data. Slow applications, slow file transfers and inefficient websites can negatively impact the performance and success of these initiatives. Riverbed transforms IT performance by providing solutions spanning WAN optimization, edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), application-aware network performance management, application delivery controllers, web content optimization (WCO), and cloud data protection for backup and disaster recovery. By providing the broadest portfolio of performance solutions that deliver anywhere, any-application optimization, Riverbed enables organizations to increase productivity and efficiency, while enhancing business resilience and controlling costs.
VMworld 2012 is the IT industry's largest virtualization and cloud computing event. With more than 300 unique breakout sessions and more than 250 exhibitors, attendees will have unparalleled access to the knowledge and tools they need to master the new cloud landscape and transform their business. To learn more about VMworld 2012 in San Francisco, visit www.vmworld.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share, meet the needs of distributed organizations, and deliver anticipated joint solutions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on July 27, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.