CONCORD, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 20, 2012) - Restyled for 2013, the Harley-Davidson® Street Bob® model is a stripped-down and rowdy bobber, based on the Harley-Davidson® Dyna® platform, that appeals to riders who appreciate the pure essence of motorcycling, a brawny American V-Twin engine powering a bike with essential equipment and not much more. The Street Bob® model also serves as a great starting point for the rider who is intent on personal customization, which is now why it can also be personalized through H-D1™ Factory Customization. This web-based program allows Customers to select Factory-installed options that personalize fit, function, and style in more than 2,000 combinations.
"Our focus for the Street Bob® model is always on street appeal," said Harley-Davidson Styling Manager, Tony Pink. "This bike is for the owner who would order a muscle car with the biggest motor and no radio. As part of this restyle, we cleaned off the rear fender, ditched the battery box trim, and bolted on a classic round air-cleaner cover. The goal is to create the elemental Big Twin that a Customer can define as his own. Then we selected an array of options for H-D1™ that allow the owner to take the Street Bob® [model] in many different stylistic directions."
The defining elements of the Street Bob® model are retained for 2013 - a solo seat, chopped rear fender, and mini ape-hanger handlebar give this motorcycle an unmistakable profile. New styling features include a black Twin Cam 96™ powertrain with highlighted details, blacked-out front end, chopped rear fender, a round air-cleaner, and new scallop graphics in a two-tone paint option.
Key Street Bob® Model Features
- Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 96™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 94 ft. lbs. of torque is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive™ transmission.
- NEW Blacked-out triple clamps, powertrain, and battery box cover
- NEW Full-length wrinkle-black cast console with integrated ignition switch
- NEW chopped rear fender
- NEW Round air cleaner cover with nostalgic Bar and Shield logo
- NEW Rubber isolated handlebar risers with forged top clamp for reduced vibration and simplified customization
- NEW Available, Hard Candy Big Red Flake paint
- NEW Tank medallion or optional scallop two-tone paint
- Stainless steel, internally-wired mini ape-hanger handlebar
- Black Steel Laced wheels; 19-inch front/17-inch rear
- Michelin® Scorcher® tires; 100/90-19 57H front, 160/70-17 73V rear
- Chrome exhaust with dual staggered shorty mufflers
- 4.7-gallon Fat Bob® fuel tank
- Chopped rear fender with uncovered fender supports
- Solo seat
- Mid-mounted rider footpegs and controls
- Security Package Option (Factory-installed option) includes Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
H-D1™ Factory Customization
Building an H-D1™ Factory Customization Street Bob® motorcycle allows Customers to choose options in more than 2,000 combinations that are then installed as the motorcycle is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company. By choosing from different wheels, paint, and engine finishes, the Customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle - build a gritty drag-style street hustler or a gleaming Hard Candy Custom™ bobber. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat choices, and handlebars can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature. Plus, the upgraded Twin Cam 103™ engine options are only available through an H-D1™ Factory Customization order.
H-D1™ Factory Customization allows the Street Bob® motorcycle to be personalized in three categories.
- Handlebar: mini-ape (stock), drag bars, or pull-back bars
- Seat: solo (stock) or two-up Badlander™ seat with passenger pegs
- Foot controls: mid (stock) or forward
- Powertrain: Twin Cam 103™ black-on-black or Twin Cam 103™ black and chrome
- Security Package with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)
- Wheels: Black Laced (stock), Red Laced, Black Contrast Cut cast aluminum, or Chrome Laced (includes Chrome Package consisting of chrome console, chrome battery box, chrome coil cover, chrome fender struts, and polished triple clamps and fork sliders)
- Paint: 14 different colour and graphic options
Customers choosing to build a Street Bob® motorcycle with H-D1™ Factory Customization options should use the online Bike Builder on www.harleycanada.com. Customers can view the Street Bob® motorcycle they are creating as different Factory-installed and Retailer-installed options are selected. The Customer can then print out a description of their bike and bring it to a Harley-Davidson® Retailer to review the motorcycle with trained staff, select additional accessories to be installed by the Retailer to further customize the motorcycle, and then place an order. Customers can expect to be riding their new bike in as little as four weeks from the time an order is placed with an authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailer. Delivery timing may vary depending on demand and will be communicated to Customers at the time of order. Most bikes are available in as little as four weeks.
About Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada
Deeley Harley-Davidson® Canada is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories, and MotorClothes® apparel, which are provided through a national network of authorized Harley-Davidson® Retailers. Office and distribution warehouse facilities are located in Richmond, British Columbia, and Concord, Ontario.