TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Sept. 20, 2012) - The Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Ontario is set to hold public hearings on the new federal electoral map it recently proposed.
The commission makes final decisions about where the electoral boundaries will be located after consultation, giving the public and members of Parliament an opportunity to express their views and participate in the process.
Everyone is invited to attend. Those wishing to make a representation at a hearing are requested to send the commission written notice no later than October 1, 2012.
Meet the commission to discuss its proposal at these places and times:
- KENORA, Best Western Lakeside Inn & Conference Centre, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- THUNDER BAY, Best Western Plus Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- SUDBURY, City Hall, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- NEW LISKEARD, Riverside Place, Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- NORTH BAY, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
- BARRIE, City Hall, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
- RICHMOND HILL, Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel & Suites, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. and Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- WINDSOR, Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- LONDON, Four Points by Sheraton, Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- CAMBRIDGE, City Hall, Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
- HAMILTON, Crowne Plaza Hamilton Hotel & Conference Centre, Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
- HAMILTON, Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton Hotel, Friday, October 26, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- NIAGARA FALLS, City Hall, Monday, October 29, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- OAKVILLE, Holiday Inn & Suites, Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- MISSISSAUGA, Central Library, Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- BRAMPTON, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. and Friday, November 2, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- OTTAWA, Hampton Inn & Conference Centre, Monday, November 5, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. and Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- KINGSTON, Radisson Hotel Kingston Harbourfront, Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- BELLEVILLE, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. and Friday, November 9, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- COBOURG, Best Western Plus Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre, Monday, November 12, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.
- OSHAWA, Quality Hotel & Conference Centre, Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
- TORONTO, North York Civic Centre, Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- TORONTO, Metro Hall, Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
For complete address information for public hearings, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca under Ontario - Public Hearings.
To make a representation, send notice to the commission by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail (130 King Street West, 36th Floor, Suite 3670, P.O. Box 368, Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2). Hearings may be cancelled if no notice of representation is received.
To consult the proposal online, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca. The proposal was also published as a supplement to the Canada Gazette on September 8, 2012. To obtain a copy, contact the commission at 1-855-747-7224 (toll-free).