SANTA MONICA, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) - Realtime (http://www.realtime.co), creator of the leading global technology framework and applications to power the Realtime web, today announced the 3.0 release of xRTML, the eXtensible Realtime Multiplatform Language that is transforming the World Wide Web into the Realtime Web. Realtime also launched a competition for developers to submit their Realtime apps before a distinguished panel of judges.
The new xRTML 3.0 flattens the learning curve for building next-generation apps with bidirectional Realtime communications. Its instantaneous updates employ a fraction of the bandwidth required of traditional request/response and near-real time technologies. Major enhancements include:
- A more robust, coherent and flexible core framework.
- Provision for the use of multiple versions.
- Beta release of a storage layer with built-in connection and security protocol, and provision of read/write permissions.
- A new templating system focused on data rather than form, making it an invaluable tool for data-dependent applications.
- An inheritance model to simplify processes and make it easier to extend tags or create new ones from scratch.
- Metadata to provide a virtual roadmap within your browser.
"xRTML 3.0 takes our disruptive technology to another level, making it easier than ever to create apps employing Realtime communication," said Sergio Costa, Realtime developer evangelist. "So whether you're a beginning, intermediate, or expert developer, we invite you to sign up for our contest, get started, and submit your Realtime apps to our distinguished panel of judges."
xRTML 3.0 available for immediate use and contest submissions
xRTML is available for immediate signup and use on a free or pay-as-you-go basis at www.realtime.co. To submit your Realtime apps before a distinguished panel of judges, please visit contest.xrtml.org. Prizes are wireless headphones by Dr. Dre, Jambox Jawbones, and Sublime Text licenses.
Founded in 1997 as Internet Business Technologies (IBT), Realtime is the creator of the leading global technology framework and applications to power the Realtime Web. The backbone of Realtime's Web technology is built on the Open Realtime Connectivity (ORTC) and Extensible Realtime Multiplatform Language (xRTML). The Realtime Web also allows for unlimited Web scalability with maximum bandwidth efficiency.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.