SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 23, 2013) - RadiumOne today announced the launch of their second generation and redesigned messaging app, PingMe Messenger. PingMe 2.0 takes the best of version 1.0 and enhances it with a new UI and feature advancements that redefine social messaging. This latest version includes a social messaging layer that before now, has been missing from all other messaging apps on the market. PingMe 2.0 also includes an innovative question and answer feature that enables people to initiate a conversation with their friends and family by asking their burning questions, and posting responses within groups and across the entire PingMe community. With PingMe 2.0, people can discover and connect with new and interesting people that share their interests.
According to a recent report by Nielsen, time spent on social media in the U.S. across both personal computer and mobile devices grew 37 percent to reach 121 billion minutes in July 2012, up from 88 billion minutes in July 2011. Mobile devices are fueling these numbers, with consumers' time spent using social media mobile apps and mobile websites accounting for 63 percent of the year-over-year growth. Forty-six percent of social media users say they use their smartphones to access social media, and 16 percent say they use social media on a tablet.
PingMe is the first app that bridges the privacy of mobile messaging with the broadcasting of social apps. Now, people can ask questions and share their everyday interests and easily connect with other likeminded people in the PingMe community of over 3 million users. RadiumOne CEO Gurbaksh Chahal mentions, "PingMe 2.0 takes a distinctly social approach to messaging that has been missing from other apps and social networks. It is the first mobile app to offer true social messaging capabilities that empower people to communicate in the format they like the most -- whether it through sharing photos, sending texts, recording video and voice messages, or posting comments."
PingMe is also an ideal mobile platform for brands to engage directly with consumers in real-time through its question and polling features. New features in PingMe 2.0 include a completely redesigned and more intuitive user-interface, a customizable news feed and deep Facebook integration for broadcasting messages. The company has also added a social discovery component that allows people to reach new audiences. Here are some additional features included in PingMe 2.0:
- Connect With Interesting People: Discover and connect with people that share your interests and have great opinions on the things you like most.
- Get Instant Advice: Ask questions and receive instant feedback from your friends or other interested PingMe users.
- Start Private or Public Conversations: Create groups like "Friends" or "Family" and start conversations with an individual group or the entire PingMe community.
- See Your Friends on a Map: Want to know where your friends are at when you're messaging with them? Their location is now just a click away.
- Message Individuals or Groups: Organize your contacts into groups to send messages to the people that matter most. Fantasy football trash talking just got a little more fun.
- Receive Instant Notifications: Never miss a friend's comment. PingMe tells you when someone interacts with your message, even when it's closed.
To download and install PingMe, visit the iTunes App Store or Google Play and search "PingMe" or visit www.pingme.net.
RadiumOne is changing the face of online advertising through a unique combination of programmatic buying, proprietary data, patent-pending intelligence algorithms, and multi-channel capabilities. Each month, we engage directly with 700 million unique consumers and generate over 10 billion sharing events. Within milliseconds, we can filter this data through our ShareGraph intelligence layer, build real-time audiences for our brands, and target ads across the more than 25 billion real-time impressions we see each day. Spanning the Web and Mobile, we offer advertisers the ability to reach the right consumer at the right time, no matter where they might be. Founded by online advertising pioneer Gurbaksh Chahal and based in San Francisco, RadiumOne has offices across the US and Europe. To learn more about RadiumOne, please visit http://radiumone.com.