LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Aug. 21, 2012) - Asda Money selects their favourite convertibles for spring/summer driving.
Research from Asda Breakdown has found that 60% of UK adults took to the roads over the Easter Bank holiday weekend.* Collectively they drove an average of 83 miles over the four-day weekend.
With the long Jubilee weekend approaching, Asda Money looks at some of the quirky convertibles that are perfect for driving in sunny weather.
Asda Money has pulled together a selection of three affordable convertibles that are ideal for summer driving, wherever in the country you may be heading.
Top quirky convertibles
Mazda MX5 1.8i
The popular MX5 is a stylish and small vehicle. The two-seater car would be great for quick get-away and is often considered extremely reliable.
Smart for two convertible
This quirky convertible is a powerful little machine with a sub 1-litre engine and is ideal for urban driving and parking.
Mini Cooper convertible
Based on the popular Mini Cooper, the sporty Mini boasts top of the range specifications and is a fast, fun car to suit all tastes.
About Asda Breakdown Cover
Asda car breakdown cover offers good value for money and a comprehensive service for motorists. Roadside cover for just £25 means if your vehicle can be fixed by the roadside, it will, allowing you to get on with your day.
* Research conducted by Opinium Research for Asda Breakdown. The research was undertaken through an online poll of 2,011 people 21st-23rd March 2012. The results have been weighted to be nationally representative.
About Asda Breakdown Cover
- 78% of cars fixed at the roadside*
- Average response time around 40 minutes^
- 98% of customers satisfied with our service-
- Cheaper than the AA & RAC**
- Pay annually and save £20 on UK breakdown and European cover
* Fix rate of 78.4% taken from 42,867 invoices during 1 January to 31 May 2012
^ Response time of 40.0 minutes taken from 25,517 customer questionnaires during 1 January to 31 May 2012
- Customer satisfaction of 98.4% taken from 25,517 customer questionnaires during 1 January to 31 May 2012
** Based on Asda UK Breakdown Cover compared to the nearest equivalent level of cover from the AA and RAC. Competitor's prices include discount available on 03/07/12 (online and call centre).
Asda Money is a trading name of Asda Financial Services Limited. Asda Financial Services Limited uses a selection of companies to provide its products and services. Asda Financial Services Limited and Asda Stores Limited act as Introducer Appointed Representatives to Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited for Breakdown Cover. Britannia and Britannia Rescue are registered trademarks and are trading styles of the Liverpool Victoria group of companies. Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited, registered in England and Wales number 3232514 is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, register number 202965. Registered address for all Liverpool Victoria companies: County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 2NF.