MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) - The Quebecor Fund Board of Directors is pleased to announce the names of the production companies and distributors whose projects will receive fourth-round funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), following June 11, 2012 submissions. A total of $927,000 in funding will be shared among the selected producers and distributors. The successful projects will be produced and distributed by television event producers Juste pour rire TV Inc., Productions Select TV Inc. and Productions Trapézia, feature film producers Orange Médias Inc., Cinémaginaire Inc., Max Films Inc. and Christal Films Productions Inc., and distributors Les Films Séville Inc., Alliance Vivafilm Inc., TVA Films Inc. and Les Films Christal S.E.C.
Quebecor Fund's EFPAP program seeks to capture synergies with all industry stakeholders in order to:
- support the production of Canadian French-language feature films;
- support multiplatform exploitation of feature films and, in particular, foster integrated marketing strategies with an interactive component, starting from the development stage;
- enable the creative / production team to produce a work as close as possible to its original creative vision;
- support audiovisual recording of French-language events with Canadian content;
- support audiovisual recording of events for integrated promotion and distribution on multiple platforms, including TV on demand;
- help recipients realize a return on investment in order to increase the Fund's impact.
Quebecor Fund is an independent fund with a mission to support the production of Canadian content intended for television broadcast. Quebecor Fund backs television, film and event production, as well as the production of related interactive multimedia components that use new information and communication technologies, particularly platforms such as high-speed Internet, interactive television (ITV), video on demand (VoD), and/or various fixed and mobile devices.
Quebecor Fund was established through Videotron Ltd., which provides over $7.4 million annually in broadcasting distribution undertaking (BDU) contributions to the Canadian industry. Under its Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP), launched in September 2010, Quebecor Fund has granted financial assistance totalling over $3.2 million to date.
Gala Hommage 30e
- Television producer: Juste pour rire TV Inc.
- Event producers: Production Juste pour rire II Inc. and Festival Juste pour rire
The "Hommage 30e" gala promises to be one of the highlights of this year's Just for Laughs Festival. The event will celebrate the Festival's 30th birthday with a retrospective on three decades of comedy. The show will be broadcast live on Canal Indigo and then rebroadcast on illico and finally TVA.
Les Stars chantent Noël 2012
- Television producer: Productions Select TV Inc.
- Event producer: Musicor Spectacles
Following up on the phenomenal success of last year's marquee tour, Les Stars chantent Noël 2012 will tour the most beautiful churches in Québec and Ontario with a new cast of artists performing everyone's favourite Christmas songs.
- Television producer: Productions Trapézia
- Event producer: Musicor Spectacles
On December 1, 2012, international stars will join some of the greats of Québec music in charming Québec City for a Christmas concert that runs the musical gamut.
- Producer: Orange Médias Inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Séville Inc.
Mistakenly believing that his business partners want him out, Paul decides to sabotage production at the company. When he realizes he had the wrong idea, he scrambles to make things right but it's too late. A comic series of misunderstandings ensues. A dramatic comedy written, directed and produced by Marc-Andrée Lavoie, with Esther Long.
- Producer: Cinémaginaire Inc.
- Distributor: Alliance Vivafilm Inc.
In Denys Arcand's latest film, Luc, a brilliant young architect trying to make his mark, leads a contented life with his wife Stéphanie in Québec's beautiful La Malbaie region. During a business trip to Toronto he meets Lindsay, a schemer with whom he spends two nights.
- Producer: Max Films Inc.
- Distributor: TVA Films Inc.
L'Autre maison (the other house) is about Henri Bernard, an 86-year-old man with Alzheimer's. Every day, he escapes from his home to search for a more "comfortable" abode. His two sons, war reporter Gabriel and aspiring fighter pilot Éric, must re-establish their relationship with their father to help him find the elusive place he seeks. Written by Mathieu Roy and Michael Ramsey, directed by Mathieu Roy.
- Producer: Christal Films Productions Inc.
- Distributor: Les Films Christal S.E.C.
Louis Cyr - L'homme le plus fort du monde (Louis Cyr, the strongest man in the world), produced by Christian Larouche, written by Sylvain Guy and directed by Daniel Roby, stars Antoine Bertrand as Louis Cyr and Guillaume Cyr as Horace Barré. Born into a working class family that had emigrated to the U.S., Louis Cyr decides one day to seek fame and fortune by trying to become the world's strongest man.
Quebecor Fund, a non-profit organization, is a private fund incorporated as a company without capital stock under Part 2 of the Canada Corporations Act. The Board of Directors is responsible for all decisions pertaining to the Fund, including its direction, and is entirely and exclusively responsible for its funding decisions. The next deadline for applications for funding under the Event and Film Production Assistance Program (EFPAP) is January 7, 2013. The next deadline for submissions for the Main Television Production Assistance Program (MPAP) is October 1, 2012. For more information, see the guidelines on the Quebecor Fund website at www.fondsquebecor.ca.