SOURCE: SafetyChain Software
SAN RAFAEL, CA--(Marketwire - August 14, 2012) - SafetyChain Software, innovators of real time safety chain management solutions, is pleased to announce that Quantum Foods, LLC, an industry leading protein supplier to world-class companies and organizations in more than 15 countries, has selected SafetyChain for Food™ to take its recognized focus on exceeding food safety & quality standards to an even higher level.
Quantum's business drivers for the project, which includes all SafetyChain for Food™ inbound, production and outbound modules, are to:
- Expand supply chain efficiency by making it easier for suppliers to electronically send COAs and other food safety & quality information from anywhere/anytime in its global supply chain -- including from labs/plants on mobile devices and directly from testing equipment (internally and from suppliers)
- Assure access to the most current safety data by having all supplier and internal test results analyzed in real time with automated alerts to identified stakeholders when deviations are detected
- Improve integration of all safety information by creating a single, central repository of safety & quality data for trending on Key Performance Indicators
- Increase customer satisfaction by automating the process of analyzing and communicating finished goods safety & quality results to customers
- Reduce labor costs and improve accuracy by eliminating manual processes
"SafetyChain's value proposition of enforcing food safety and quality compliance at every point of our global supply chain is very compelling. SafetyChain will further enhance our ability to prevent non-compliant supplies, ingredients and finished goods from entering or exiting our processes, all in a single, centralized system. We also like their cloud based model, Software As A Service (SAAS), which makes it easier for the participants in our supply chain to work together to ensure that that the supply chain is operating in an efficient and robust manner. The SAAS solution also means that we will benefit from all future enhancements to the suite without placing a strain on our food safety, quality and IT teams," said Ed Bleka, President and CEO of Quantum Foods.
"The food industry is dealing with ever-increasing food safety and quality regulations, a global food supply chain, evolving customer requirements and a growing public awareness of food safety issues. We therefore applaud leaders like Quantum Foods that leverage first-in-class technology in order to continually provide only the safest, highest quality products to their customers. SafetyChain is proud to welcome Quantum Foods to our customer family," said Barbara Levin, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Customer Community for SafetyChain Software.
For more information: