SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 27, 2012) - Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software for system administrators, is hosting its second annual international user conference, PuppetConf 2012, starting today in San Francisco. More than 700 customers, users and technology partners are expected to gather at Mission Bay Conference Center on September 27-28 to engage in insightful presentations from more than 75 thought-leaders in the software-defined infrastructure and DevOps movements.
The two-day event, which is expected to draw more than double the attendance from last year's inaugural debut, will deliver sessions on best practices, technical how-tos, and hands-on labs to help system administrators use Puppet to deliver business results faster with higher quality and more efficiency. Major customers, including CERN, Cisco, EMC, GitHub, HP, PayPal, Red Hat, Splunk, VMware and Zynga, will also present on leveraging Puppet and Puppet Enterprise to automate every phase of the IT infrastructure lifecycle, from bare metal to deployed cloud applications.
"2012 has been an amazing year for us," said Luke Kanies, CEO of Puppet Labs. "From new product innovation and programs, to explosive growth in community participation and customer adoption, to record-breaking attendance at our annual user conference, we've seen numerous indicators that validate Puppet Labs' significant momentum."
In addition to addressing the latest trends and topics of IT automation, Puppet Labs will announce the following new product releases and programs at PuppetConf:
- Puppet Enterprise 2.6: Puppet Enterprise console role-based access control now integrates with third-party authentication services, such as LDAP, Active Directory and Google Apps Directory.
- Puppet Open Source 3.0: Significant performance improvements, and enhanced OS platform and Ruby support.
- PuppetDB 1.0: Provides a full inventory of metadata about every node in your infrastructure, and a searchable database of every single resource being managed on any node.
- MCollective 2.2: Faster and more reliable communications methods, and a completely redesigned discovery system for greater flexibility and integration with third-party systems and data sources.
- Puppet Certification Program: More than 140 PuppetConf registrants will be the first to try their hand at Puppet certification, a new program developed to address the growing demand for system administrators with Puppet skills.
Since 2005, Puppet Labs' community has grown to more than 5,000 members contributing code to Puppet; more than 500 user-contributed modules on the Puppet Forge; and thousands of open source users, including Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest and Instagram. Since the February 2011 launch of its commercial offering, Puppet Enterprise, the company has accelerated its customer user base to more than 300 customers.
This year showed no signs of slowing for Puppet Labs. In just the past 12 months, Puppet Labs saw: 3.5 million downloads for Puppet and Puppet Enterprise; a surge in Puppet Camps -- from one in 2011, to 15 and counting in 2012; and triple the demand for system administrators with "Puppet" skills, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Puppet Labs has also received numerous awards for its products in the past year, including: Finalist Award for the Best of VMworld 2012 Awards in the Virtualization Management category; Best Cloud Management Tool Award for Virtualization Review's Best-of-Breed Awards; and IDG InfoWorld's 2012 Bossie Award under the best of open source data center and cloud software category.
- Sign up to view the live streaming of the PuppetConf talks
- Check out the full list of PuppetConf speakers and presentations
- Follow us on Twitter @puppetlabs
- Follow our stream of updates from the conference on Twitter: #puppetize #puppetconf
- Watch videos from PuppetConf on our YouTube Channel
- Check out slides from event on SlideShare
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation and software-defined infrastructure. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise or in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations are using Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Match.com, Oracle/Sun, Shopzilla, and Zynga. Now numbering more than 100 employees and based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.