SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 28, 2012) - Prezi, the zooming presentation software that has liberated the world from boring, static presentations, has furthered its mobile reach with today's launch of a new iPhone app and expanded editing capabilities on the iPad. You can now start your prezi in the cloud, work offline on Prezi Desktop, finish it on the iPad, and show it on the iPhone.
"The presentation of big ideas is no longer limited to the boardroom, the podium, or the classroom. Mobile devices have fundamentally changed the way we work and play, and opportunities to share our most important stories and make an impact arise at any time and in any place," said Prezi CEO, Peter Arvai. "While improving the iPad app and launching the iPhone app were our priorities this quarter, we certainly believe mobility isn't limited to iOS and look forward to next year's developments."
Since its launch, the Prezi iPad app has surpassed more than 1.3 million downloads with users clamoring for more editing capabilities every download of the way. After successfully introducing "retouching" (minor editing) earlier this year, the company decided to expand the app's editing capabilities even further. Now, in addition to modifying existing prezis, users can create new prezis on their iPads.
"The iPhone was the natural next step in our mobile journey," said Prezi for iPhone Product Manager Kalman Kemenczy. "You're not truly mobile until you're in your customer's pocket."
A new survey of more than 600 Prezi users shows that mobile is the new normal. Prezi survey highlights include:
- Mobile Madness: More than half of respondents work outside of the office most of the time.
- When Opportunity Knocks: Almost half (47%) of respondents have given an unplanned presentation on their mobile device.
- Leaving the Laptop Behind: Forty percent of respondents seldom or never bring their laptop on the road for business when they bring their mobile device. The power of the smartphone and tablet is so great that the majority of people would rather forget their keys than their mobile device when traveling for business.
- Mobile Presentation Happy Hour: While more than a quarter of iPad presentations take place over drinks or a meal, mid-morning is the true presentation happy hour. Nearly 60 percent of iPad presentations take place from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
- Oh the Places You'll Show: With mobile presentations on the rise, venues are anything but expected. Here are a few interesting locations Prezi users have shared their big ideas: wine tasting, at Carnival in Rio, in the elevator, on the side of the road, in bed, ice-skating and in the bathroom.
- Secret to Success: More than 70 percent of respondents state that presentations are very important or crucial to their professional success.
"Business is moving at breakneck speed and it's critical to capture your audience's attention whenever the opportunity arises," says Jacco Van Der Kooij, VP of Sales at Harmonic Inc, a digital video infrastructure solutions company. "Whether I'm presenting my business' story in a boardroom or sharing ideas with a colleague over drinks, Prezi's mobility is essential. Now, with the Prezi iPhone app and the new editing capabilities on my iPad, I have everything I need to create and share my big ideas everywhere."
Designed by architect and visual artist Adam Somlai-Fischer, Prezi reinvents the traditional presentation with a virtual whiteboard that enables presenters to explore, develop, and tell their stories in a way that resonates with audiences. Fueled by a demand for big ideas and visual storytelling, Prezi currently has more than 16 million registered users and adoption within 75% of the Fortune 100 companies. With over 2 prezis being created every second, Prezi continues to expand rapidly, growing at a rate of over a million new users a month. Features like Prezi's 3D templates and newly redesigned, intuitive user interface allow the presenter to use spatial relationships that help audiences better comprehend and remember presentation content.
See the prezi showcasing the iPad and iPhone capabilities here: http://prezi.com/neqdtnhyxgq4/
Visit the iTunes store today to download the new iPhone and iPad applications. To learn more about Prezi's mobile solutions, visit prezi.com/mobility.
At Prezi, ideas matter. Prezi is the zooming presentation software with a mission to make sharing ideas more fun and engaging. Prezi's digital whiteboard helps you explore ideas and the connections between them. The result: visually captivating presentations that lead people down a path of discovery. The company was founded in Budapest, Hungary in 2009 by Adam Somlai-Fischer, Peter Halacsy, and Peter Arvai.
For more about Prezi, see prezi.com. For available job opportunities at Prezi, see Work @ Prezi.