VAUGHAN, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 28, 2012) - With the invitation to customers and industry colleagues to 'Let's Connect!', PowerStream, the electric utility that provides service to eleven communities located immediately north of Toronto and in Central Ontario, today announced it's gone social by launching their new social blog and news network, 'eStream'.
A first for electric utilities in Canada, this social blog and news network is the hub for PowerStream news, where visitors can read, share and comment on corporate news and blog posts by PowerStream employees who specialize in areas like Smart Grid, Renewable Generation, Environment, Corporate Social Responsibility, Conservation & Demand Management and special guest articles. It contains links to 'PowerStreamTV' which has informative videos about programs and services on YouTube and 'PowerStreamNews' on Twitter.
- Subscribe to eStream, PowerStream's New Social Blog and News Network for news releases and blog posts by PowerStream employees. News categories include community, conservation, power outages, safety, smart grid and solar generation.
- Follow @PowerStreamNews on Twitter.
- Watch PowerStreamTV on YouTube.
- Connect with PowerStream on LinkedIn.
- "PowerStream is committed to providing customer-focused communications and reaching out to our customers in ways they want to be communicated to and where they want conversations to take place. The use of social media enhances our ability to engage our customers and offers greater accessibility to them. It also enables us to reach out to specific audiences on specific issues," Linas Medelis, Director of Customer Relations
- "Everyone at PowerStream is excited that we've launched eStream, Twitter, YouTube and Linkedin sites. Our contributors are eager to share news about innovations in smart grid and renewable generation technologies as well as relating their own personal experiences in taking advantage of conservation programs or perhaps even in their accomplishments like cycling 200 kilometers in the Ride to Conquer Cancer," Eric Fagen, Director of Corporate Communications
PowerStream is the second largest municipally-owned electricity distribution company in Ontario, providing service to approximately 340,000 customers residing or owning a business in communities located immediately north of Toronto and in Central Ontario, including Alliston, Aurora, Barrie, Beeton, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Markham, Penetanguishene, Richmond Hill, Thornton, Tottenham and Vaughan. It is an incorporated entity, jointly owned by the Cities of Barrie, Markham and Vaughan.
eStream - Blog.PowerStream.ca
Twitter - @PowerStreamNews
YouTube - PowerStreamTV
LinkedIn - PowerStream
CATEGORIES - Community, Conservation, Power Outages, Safety, Smart Grid, Solar
KEYWORDS - social media, PowerStream, eStream, social networking, media communications, customer communications